Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] James Wilson

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It has been debated to death on here, and elsewhere, and who knows what the full story is (and I'm not suggesting we have any RIGHT to know), but I'm absolutely convinced that a lack of DESIRE to work was not Wilson's problem.

You simply can't file him with wage-thieves like Best and Agustien.

Don't bring Kemy into this. He's currently reinventing the way we look at what is possible in football at Global Cebu FC in the Phillipines.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Clearly talented but application did seem to be lacking with us and there's no indication of anything more back with Man U.
Real chance he will go down as a non-avhieving, too-much-too-soon, waste of talent if his next loan move doesn't produce the goods.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't bring Kemy into this. He's currently reinventing the way we look at what is possible in football at Global Cebu FC in the Phillipines.

Nice. I bet he's got a swanky flat in a smart condo, with absolutely no furniture.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
Party boy !! Allways played better on a Tuesday night,, than after a Friday night for some reason !!

His two best performances for us were on Saturday afternoons. (v Derby , Charlton)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If I recall he might have been in 25 games but most appearances were as a substitute and his goals per minute were not that bad. Personally think it is sad for him, i think he tried and his reaction to the goal he scored against Huddersfield(?) when he went to the North stand showed he actually to be part of things and certainly had the talent. Nobody knows what the true story is but the fact that Albion did not try to re-sign him in the following year is probably enough to say that those that knew the full story felt he was not worth the risk (and/or money). This year we have even less capacity to take a risk given the state of our strike force so a reluctant 'no' from me.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Another case of "what if" for a Manchester United youngster, careers either held back by injury or bad attitude

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I still wouldn't have Lingard back either, he was (and is) bang average. He wouldn't be anywhere NEAR the England squad if he played for one of the PL lesser-lights. As it is, his inclusion only serves to highlight the sheer abject poverty of Englands forward options these days.
Good call, its quality posts like this that convince me the football analysis on NSC is second to none

[emoji38]ol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Good call, its quality posts like this that convince me the football analysis on NSC is second to none

[emoji38]ol:

Based purely on his performances for us, I wouldn't have touched him with a shitty stick. He's had a good couple of months recently though admittedly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Based purely on his performances for us, I wouldn't have touched him with a shitty stick. He's had a good couple of months recently though admittedly.

I have to hold my hands up to being stunned he has done so well at United since Mourinho arrived. I didn’t rate him anywhere near as much as Texiera. :shrug:

As for James Wilson he wouldn’t get on the bench in a Hughton squad these days, we don’t do luxury players.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Who would have a thought a 20/21 year old wasn't the finished article ? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here