Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
ill-stop-you-there-im-out.jpg

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
No.

Said after a game that he could f**k right off back to Manchester, only to realise he was behind me. Got a selfie with him though. Fickle fans eh?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Players develop at different speeds and sadly can get long term injuries at a young age. Yet still come through the other side. Good thing we were for example more patient with Solly March , just as inconsistent and injury prone in his teens etc than some are arguing here with Wilson.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Great finisher, the trouble was the nerves issue or virus he picked up.

I wouldn’t have him back, because I think he needs to re-establish himself at a lower level post injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He had a few inspired moments - the goal at Derby, for example - but even when he was fully fit (if indeeed he ever was), he was inconssitent and no better than Sam Baldock. I'd hope we can do better, even in January.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
What? Why? No!

Why would you even consider him as an option?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Started well enough, but then I always got the impression he thought Brighton was a bit "beneath" him. The fact that Baldock was keeping him out of the team even once he was (eventually) fit again told its own tale. He just went through the motions here, which is often the way with young loanies from bigger parent clubs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Started well enough, but then I always got the impression he thought Brighton was a bit "beneath" him. The fact that Baldock was keeping him out of the team even once he was (eventually) fit again told its own tale. He just went through the motions here, which is often the way with young loanies from bigger parent clubs.

Whilst I've spelled out my reasons in this thread why it's a definite NO from me, I think your assertion is a little unfair on Wilson.

He definitely had some real fitness issues that held him back (possibly stress / nerve related?) but after that New Year game where he chucked up before kick off, and looked rough as ****, but still gave his all through the whole game, despite being plainly not well - I'll not accept he wasn't trying.

LOADS of players would have simply refused to play that day, and not just loanees, either.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Whilst I've spelled out my reasons in this thread why it's a definite NO from me, I think your assertion is a little unfair on Wilson.

He definitely had some real fitness issues that held him back (possibly stress / nerve related?) but after that New Year game where he chucked up before kick off, and looked rough as ****, but still gave his all through the whole game, despite being plainly not well - I'll not accept he wasn't trying.

LOADS of players would have simply refused to play that day, and not just loanees, either.

he certainly seemed to put more effort than that waste of our youth team development space, Akpom.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
He had a few inspired moments - the goal at Derby, for example - but even when he was fully fit (if indeeed he ever was), he was inconssitent and no better than Sam Baldock. I'd hope we can do better, even in January.

If we don't do better than James Wilson in January we are in deep shit.

Another player with talent but no application or ambition.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Unusual circumstances in that game for sure, but he played 25 times for us, and other than that fairly promising start I thought he gave us precious little and just didn't look committed enough. Some of that would've been down to the mystery virus I suppose, but like I say, once he was apparently over that, it was Baldock who was always in the team ahead of him while he was picking up splinters. You just didn't get the workrate from Wilson.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Unusual circumstances in that game for sure, but he played 25 times for us, and other than that fairly promising start I thought he gave us precious little and just didn't look committed enough. Some of that would've been down to the mystery virus I suppose, but like I say, once he was apparently over that, it was Baldock who was always in the team ahead of him while he was picking up splinters. You just didn't get the workrate from Wilson.

It has been debated to death on here, and elsewhere, and who knows what the full story is (and I'm not suggesting we have any RIGHT to know), but I'm absolutely convinced that a lack of DESIRE to work was not Wilson's problem.

You simply can't file him with wage-thieves like Best and Agustien.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Pretty good assessment, always thought he had more to give,

taz

Feb 18, 2015
Party boy !! Allways played better on a Tuesday night,, than after a Friday night for some reason !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here