Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hudderfield Away

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
leaving them free to show bigger matches over Christmas. Huddersfield v Brighton is a perfect opportunity for them to show two unattractive teams at once, probably on a Sunday lunchtime or a Monday night. Burnley (h) the following week ticks similar boxes.

I think making it a Monday night game would be impossible with Brighton playing Spurs on the Tuesday after the Huddersfield game.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I've no inside knowledge whatsoever, but my prediction is that Huddersfield (a) will be on TV.

My theory is that none of our festive games are attractive to TV - Watford (h) which thanks to the fuss about Christmas Eve picks we already know TV don't want, Chelsea (a) which won't be shown as it's a routine home win and Newcastle (a) which is a fixture that has already been shown live on TV three times in the last 14 months. Therefore, I think Sky/BT will use us once or twice earlier in December, leaving them free to show bigger matches over Christmas. Huddersfield v Brighton is a perfect opportunity for them to show two unattractive teams at once, probably on a Sunday lunchtime or a Monday night. Burnley (h) the following week ticks similar boxes.

Won't be a Monday, if we are playing Tottenham on the Wednesday.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just checked:

Package E is the 'Monday night football' (8pm) bundle, with 18 games on Mondays plus 10 on Fridays; this is the first time Premier League games will be shown live on Friday evenings. There are no first picks in this package.

So on 28 of the 33 weekends of the season Sky will show a Monday or Friday match. On this weekend they can't show anything on Monday (as above) so the odds say there will almost certainly be a Friday match. The rules also state it can never be a first pick (i.e. an attractive match). Huddersfield v Brighton definitely fits the bill, although maybe the fact we have already been picked for two Friday nights will count against us? And there is Palace v Bournemouth that weekend, which is probably a more interesting unattractive match.

The sky love in of "Survival against all odds v Plucky B" will surely be the game of the weekend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here