Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hudderfield Away

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Looks like West Brom only got 2340 tickets allocated. Assuming Albion get the same how popular do we think this one will be?

Hoping with Suprs being in the mid week after a few people need to save their money and I can get tickets for this one.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looks like West Brom only got 2340 tickets allocated. Assuming Albion get the same how popular do we think this one will be?

Hoping with Suprs being in the mid week after a few people need to save their money and I can get tickets for this one.

Always think it's a bigger ground than the 24,500 it's stated as being, so that will be the standard allocation for all.

Less popular than Swansea, for sure.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Similar to Swansea maybe? Slightly longer distance I suppose but otherwise I'd view it at a similar level of popularity?

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne

I would guess that you will probably have more chance of Huddersfield than Spurs i'm afraid.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Could this be a chance for Bronze members, or is that wishful thinking?

If we were in the Championship we'd take 1000 or less most of the time

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
WBA couldn’t sell their away allocation last night at Leicester as I was looking to get myself on their fan base for our game up there and it was on there about buying a ticket for the game and picking it up at the ground

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The way their style of play dominated our style of play in the equivalent game last season I'm not over confident of points in this one, although we will hopefully have a completely reshaped midfield this time around

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I've no inside knowledge whatsoever, but my prediction is that Huddersfield (a) will be on TV.

My theory is that none of our festive games are attractive to TV - Watford (h) which thanks to the fuss about Christmas Even picks we already know TV don't want, Chelsea (a) which won't be shown as it's a routine home win and Newcastle (a) which is a fixture that has already been shown live on TV three times in the last 14 months. Therefore, I think Sky/BT will use us once or twice earlier in December, leaving them free to show bigger matches over Christmas. Huddersfield v Brighton is a perfect opportunity for them to show two unattractive teams at once, probably on a Sunday lunchtime or a Monday night. Burnley (h) the following week ticks similar boxes.

This is my fear, its been years since we had a Saturday match there, the good Friday match was a pain to get to and then 3 seasons of night matches

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Less popular than Swansea I think.

- We've played at Huddersfield almost every season in recent years, whereas we've only ever played twice at the Liberty (and they were 10 years ago or more)
- Close to Christmas
- Three days before Tottenham, which will be the pick for anybody who only wants to do one of the two games that week

There are also 400 extra tickets compared to Swansea. I think this will be the first away game that becomes available to all STHs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Leicester game went on sale to all STH did it not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here