Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Manchester Trains

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Wow, very very expensive from Brighton to Manchester.

Please let me know if anyone finds any decent return deals. Thanks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wow, very very expensive from Brighton to Manchester.

Please let me know if anyone finds any decent return deals. Thanks.

I think they all went some time ago when the (cliched) Southern-living MU fans bought their train tickets.

Albion fans that knew they'd be tier 1 would also have bought some weeks ago.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Dont forget Two Together railcard (£30) which will mean total cost of £85.15 incl cost of half railcard, compared with £106.30 standard offpeak day return Brighton-Manchester, if 2 of you travelling, which you can also use later in season.

Also Family and Friends railcard if you are travelling with at least 1 U16.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Being tier 1 I am sure you could all travel first class and maybe have a harvester as well

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
If it is cost, not time taken that is the key decision-maker, use London Midland for Euston to Stoke, change and then get cheap return to Manchester. Not a 'split ticket' but actually change trains at Stoke. Currently, 08.46 Euston arrives Stoke 11.02.
Return: leave Stoke 19.28 arrive Euston at 22.37. £19.50 return (actually 2 singles) at the moment.
Even cheap for 'buy on the day' fares.
Manchester is 40 minutes on the next train - Cross Country normally do the cheapest.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Dont forget Two Together railcard (£30) which will mean total cost of £85.15 incl cost of half railcard, compared with £106.30 standard offpeak day return Brighton-Manchester, if 2 of you travelling, which you can also use later in season.

Also Family and Friends railcard if you are travelling with at least 1 U16.

What does this first paragraph mean? Sorry. If two people buy returns and you use a railcard it works out cheaper?

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
What does this first paragraph mean? Sorry. If two people buy returns and you use a railcard it works out cheaper?

I'm not completely sure what it means either :smile:.

However, if there are 2 of you that regularly travel by train together then it is worth getting a Two Together rail card.

It costs 30 for the year but you get a 1/3 off each time you use it.

If you use it for the Man Utd game you will probably make the £30 back in 1 go.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

However, if there are 2 of you that regularly travel by train together then it is worth getting a Two Together rail card.

Cheers, I have a season ticket to London anyway, so I will be looking for cheap tickets from Euston.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Got our 2together card this season for nothing using Tesco points

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

With a 2together card you get 1/3rd off the cost of the fare - both travellers have to be on the photocard though so it obviously needs to be somebody you regularly travel to away games with, you cant chop and change.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Should of booked a while ago,only 40 quid, cockney reds always buy up the cheap ones,travel via stoke it's cheaper

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here