Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United Tickets (A)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
10:00am, tickets have been on sale for just one hour, and there is no queue. Surprised. Has the system capacity changed or is this going to be a slow burner? or are people just taking it easy because of the 'everyone in tier one will get a ticket if they want one' announcement?

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
10:00am, tickets have been on sale for just one hour, and there is no queue. Surprised. Will this struggle to sell?

I do think it helps knowing that if you are in the top tier it wont sell out on the first day.

There doesn't seem to be the mad 9.00 am rush now.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
10:00am, tickets have been on sale for just one hour, and there is no queue. Surprised. Has the system capacity changed or is this going to be a slow burner?

Not really, the club have said there is no hurry for anyone on Tier 1 points as all of them will get a ticket regardless of when they log on. I guess the bun fight will be tomorrow when there will be more people with tier 2 pints than there will be tickets available.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
No, those you've listed are all the normal away blocks according to the plan

So MAN UTD are one of the teams with a year grace to get away fans closer to the pitch? Must say having watched on tv I'm sure I thought they had away fans pitch side!

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So MAN UTD are one of the teams with a year grace to get away fans closer to the pitch? Must say having watched on tv I'm sure I thought they had away fans pitch side!

Looks that way. The block in front of the away blocks looks like it should also be for away fans but it isn't........only been there once and didn't take much notice

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
So if all Tier 1 are guaranteed a ticket, that would mean less than 3,000 have the required points. So why on earth has the first tier threshold been a lot higher in recent weeks.

If more than 3,000 are in Tier 1, why say that a ticket can be guaranteed when it might mean otherwise?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
So if all Tier 1 are guaranteed a ticket, that would mean less than 3,000 have the required points. So why on earth has the first tier threshold been a lot higher in recent weeks.

If more than 3,000 are in Tier 1, why say that a ticket can be guaranteed when it might mean otherwise?

I'd say exactly 3000 have the required points. Higher points were required for those games with a smaller capacity. Watford, Swansea, Bournemouth

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Because less away tickets available for Swansea.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd say exactly 3000 have the required points. Higher points were required for those games with a smaller capacity. Watford, Swansea, Bournemouth

This. Also the calculations of the Tiers are becoming more refined as the club learns................there is only a 19 point range for Tier 2 (and even less at 8 points for tier 3 so won't be many fighting for these if there are any left at that point), so I'd expect most in T2 that want a ticket will get one too - this worked well for Swansea with the game only just selling out (initially anyway) at the end of the T2 window. Club seem to be doing a better job of avoiding the scramble now.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We have no chance at OT so I am swerving this one. For roughly the same outlay as a weekend in Manchester, I am having a long weekend in the (hopefully) sunshine in Cadiz and Seville watching Betis.

Mind you, I will be scouring the bars of Seville to watch this on TV and nothing would give me more pleasure than this to be bounced in my face when we nick a result.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
This. Also the calculations of the Tiers are becoming more refined as the club learns................there is only a 19 point range for Tier 2 (and even less at 8 points for tier 3 so won't be many fighting for these if there are any left at that point), so I'd expect most in T2 that want a ticket will get one too - this worked well for Swansea with the game only just selling out (initially anyway) at the end of the T2 window. Club seem to be doing a better job of avoiding the scramble now.

Swansea actually went to T3.

I am intrested to see what happens here, for me I am in T2 but it doesnt make much sense for the club to reduce the amount of fans of going to away games a making T2 smaller, when the call was to make it bigger.

I think they may be reducing the T2 so that sales will then extend down to T3 and maybe further, so it gives the impression that there isnt just an Elite set of fans taking all the tickets. I may be wrong.

The other reason why they have shortened it was that they would expect too many people to be in the queue it system wednesday morning which could lead it to crash and as such cut down the numbers so the system can deal with it.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Swansea actually went to T3.

I am intrested to see what happens here, for me I am in T2 but it doesnt make much sense for the club to reduce the amount of fans of going to away games a making T2 smaller, when the call was to make it bigger.

I think they may be reducing the T2 so that sales will then extend down to T3 and maybe further, so it gives the impression that there isnt just an Elite set of fans taking all the tickets. I may be wrong.

The other reason why they have shortened it was that they would expect too many people to be in the queue it system wednesday morning which could lead it to crash and as such cut down the numbers so the system can deal with it.

They're not reducing the number going, just second-guessing how many will be available after T1 and tailoring T2 more or less to that expected number (hopefully meaning most or all of those in T2 that want a ticket can get one, as happened with Swansea) and as you say reduce the queue. My guess is that Man U will be very similar - will either sell out late tomorrow, or a handful at most will drop into T3 the following day.

Making T2 bigger would just increase the queue, and mean loads queue for ages and then not be successful - which is more annoying (to me anyway)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here