Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any Duffy news?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do we need to rush Duffy back? Especially as he has 2 big international games coming up too...

* not that I am saying we should be concerned about Ireland, but more his longer term fitness

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Looks like unconfirmed reports of Chicharito being injured as well.

My main worry for tomorrow is Suttner/Bong v Antonio.

Happy with Uwe in there but worried we might lose some attacking impetus if the winger has to back track and support the full back all the time.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looks like unconfirmed reports of Chicharito being injured as well.

My main worry for tomorrow is Suttner/Bong v Antonio.

Happy with Uwe in there but worried we might lose some attacking impetus if the winger has to back track and support the full back all the time.

As long as they have no-one to get on the end of the crosses. We can rely on Dunk to cut most of them out anyway.

I have a really good feeling about tomorrow night (related to the footy btw).

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If Duffy can train today he plays simple as that, Dunk and Duffy are the bedrock of our side.

Yep. Pointless resting him for a game we can get something out of.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the event of Duffy not making it I would play Dunk in the middle and Uwe on his left rather than as they did in the last few minutes of the Everton game. The reason being that Uwe is naturally left footed so may be able to help Bong. Suttner out better against Antonio. If Antonio moves to the left I would be concerned about his pace against Bruno. I think that may managers are now targeting Bruno both in the air and his lack of pace as being a weakness for us. My hope is that his experience will see him through as it has in the past, granted at a lower level.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
In the event of Duffy not making it I would play Dunk in the middle and Uwe on his left rather than as they did in the last few minutes of the Everton game. The reason being that Uwe is naturally left footed so may be able to help Bong. Suttner out better against Antonio. If Antonio moves to the left I would be concerned about his pace against Bruno. I think that may managers are now targeting Bruno both in the air and his lack of pace as being a weakness for us. My hope is that his experience will see him through as it has in the past, granted at a lower level.

Well he isn't

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He usually plays the ball with his left foot plus I think that of what I have seen he seems to fit in better on the left of the CB. This is just a personal view but against that is that Dunk is mainly right footed but plays on the left

When he first came I'm sure Hunemeier played left side (I'm also sure he's right footed).
It's probably down to Dunk though which he'd prefer as he has got used to playing the left side of the pair.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Posted this pic on his insta earlier so I'm assuming he's on the team coach to London. And those 2 fellas in the pic too.

03710a10d77022d70e0d4b22b951c455.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here