Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Houghton v Wagner

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I see Huddersfield had 60% possesion in loss against Swansea away. In line with most of there games where they always try and press high. Completely opposite to our way of playing. Would think our squads are similar quality so will be interesting to see at end of season who was right. Every chance if they have a few more defeats in next few games if Wagner changes way they play. I will back Houghton all the way but do admire the fact that Huddersfield go for it.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Unfair comparison, Steph Houghton is only 29 and Aly Wagner is well retired. The women's game is moving forward at such a pace it's becoming increasingly difficult to compare players that aren't playing on the same pitch. Even so, the money in the American game is ridiculous compared to England.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So who's he managing now and why is amexer backing him?

Because although he followed Dalgleish ( I think ) and was not a great success he considers him more tactically astute than Wagner. I agree because although Ride of the Valkeries is an incredible piece is offers nothing in the way of tactical knowledge on the football field.

el punal

I see Huddersfield had 60% possesion in loss against Swansea away. In line with most of there games where they always try and press high. Completely opposite to our way of playing. Would think our squads are similar quality so will be interesting to see at end of season who was right. Every chance if they have a few more defeats in next few games if Wagner changes way they play. I will back Houghton all the way but do admire the fact that Huddersfield go for it.

For Gawd's sake get his name right! It's not difficult.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I have to say, I had my doubts about Wagner from the beginning, but you've got to have some kind of respect for a man that gets picked as a Judge's wildcard and gets all the way to the live finals, even if that judge was the joke one (Louie Walsh).

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Has Houghton managed at this level ? Have to go for Wagner.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Because although he followed Dalgleish ( I think ) and was not a great success he considers him more tactically astute than Wagner. I agree because although Ride of the Valkeries is an incredible piece is offers nothing in the way of tactical knowledge on the football field.

What's the relevance of PD James' poetry-writing detective at this point? Is he composing an ode to Huddersfield Town, or is there some skullduggery afoot that he's investigating?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Everyone knows it's spelt Hewoughton :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What's the relevance of PD James' poetry-writing detective at this point? Is he composing an ode to Huddersfield Town, or is there some skullduggery afoot that he's investigating?

Wagner was a great composer of operas and would often play around with his librettos.
Houghton had a bridge named after him in Amberley, West Sussex.
The clues are there, just look deeper.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Will everyone stop taking the mickey out of an innocent spelling mistake by the OP, everyone can clearly see that he meant to put Wenger and just got Huddersfield mixed up with Arsenal

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Can't take any thread seriously started by a muppet that can't spell our managers name yet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here