Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Spurs new stadium - will it be ready ??

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I went past it every day on the train for a week, two weeks ago, and was thinking it did look a long way from finished (and really out of place in the neighbourhood it's in, but that's not really the issue).

Other teams have had lots of away matches at the start of a season when they've not had a stadium for 3 or 4 weeks, but I would guess that 4 weeks would be the limit.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Great pictures :thumbsup:

A lot may depend on what type of winter we have. If we have our usual recent ones of hardly any frost mild days and no prolonged periods of high winds, then I would expect that they finish in time.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I guess they could also have it partially open when they have to - then open other areas up during the season. If they have more than a 36,000 capacity at the start it'll still fit more people in it than the old Lane.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Asked a friend very much in the know (can't say how, but trust me), his answer 'No chance! I think they are still pretending so Levy doesn't break our knee caps'

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
NFL Game is 10/14/18

With tickets going on sale in April, whereas the Wembley tickets are available for Season Ticket renewals next week. Why? I can only think that they don't know what the capacity will be for the NFL game yet, and therefore don't know how many to put up for sale. Whether that means they will open without all the seats in, or whether they will be too late for ramp up events and the early season games will effectively be the ramp up events, I don't know.

But all signs - including there only being 1 NFL game, rather than the planned 2 - does suggest the build programme is somewhat tight.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm no Spurs fan, but it's going to be a beautiful-looking stadium. Sure beats a converted athletics track.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I presume that this is going to be the first stadium where the pitch is below the fans on the side lines. I read somewhere due to the yanks playing their football and having 100 people on both sides hanging around, the crowd would not be able to see the game. So they are raising the first rows, as per us football stadiums. Interesting for the players, it will probably feel weird for the players though.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
God I LOVE pictures of stadiums. Preferably as they're being built, or once they're derelict. There's something oddly compelling about them. Keep them coming.

If you're on Facebook, there's a reall good group to follow called Football Stadia and Grounds. Some amazing pics from stadiums all over the world, old, new and derelict, often with some really interesting stories attached. I'm finding it ridiculously addictive, its very active.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I presume that this is going to be the first stadium where the pitch is below the fans on the side lines. I read somewhere due to the yanks playing their football and having 100 people on both sides hanging around, the crowd would not be able to see the game. So they are raising the first rows, as per us football stadiums. Interesting for the players, it will probably feel weird for the players though.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Not sure about that.

The synthetic NFL pitch sits permanently underneath the grass pitch, which will move into place above it in 3 sections.

When the grass pitch is moved into place for football above the NFL one, the entire touchline surrounding the pitch will have to raise about 6 feet above the NFL one to be level with the grass one. So none of the rows in the stands will need to be raised. Its the NFL fans in the rows around the sidelines who will be 'looking down' onto the lower of the two pitches.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here