Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Spurs new stadium - will it be ready ??

0 Not allowed!

Looks like a HELL of a lot of work that still needs doing on that for it to be ready for next season dunnit ? I don't recall the Amex being in that state with less than a year to go. They're nowhere near starting the roofs even. Plus they've got this retractable pitch to snort.

I've been having a browse on their forums and many people are saying "no problem, we've still got 10 months", as if next August is the deadline. The reality is they're going to need to stage a couple of ramp-up events to get the safety certificate, so realistically, if its not ready by next June / July at a push, then they're going to have another year at Wembley.

Which would be a shame.
    "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

With a Monkey Man Plan Monkey Man's Avatar

8 Not allowed!
      God I LOVE pictures of stadiums. Preferably as they're being built, or once they're derelict. There's something oddly compelling about them. Keep them coming.
      Chicken Run, November 10, 1979.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      God I LOVE pictures of stadiums. Preferably as they're being built, or once they're derelict. There's something oddly compelling about them. Keep them coming.
      Me too. For a short while, this was a rare occasion where it was a combination of both.

Boggles the mind that 5 months ago Premier League football was being played at one of the most iconic stadia in the country, and now not a trace of it is left.

Saw some pretty sad pictures of Upton Park as that was on its way down. Assume that's completely gone now?

0 Not allowed!
      One of my favourite ever threads http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...mer-Arch-Chase! showed the first part of the arch delivery was in October 2010 so I think they seem to be doing ok
      Become a fan of Northstandchat Dogs Syndicate and follow @NSCGreyhounds on Twitter

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post

Looks like a HELL of a lot of work that still needs doing on that for it to be ready for next season dunnit ? I don't recall the Amex being in that state with less than a year to go. They're nowhere near starting the roofs even. Plus they've got this retractable pitch to snort.

I've been having a browse on their forums and many people are saying "no problem, we've still got 10 months", as if next August is the deadline. The reality is they're going to need to stage a couple of ramp-up events to get the safety certificate, so realistically, if its not ready by next June / July at a push, then they're going to have another year at Wembley.

Which would be a shame.
      Would it have to a whole year though? Could the contract at Wembley not be extended to, say, Christmas?
      "WINNERS FIND ANSWERS. PROMOTION CANDIDATES FIND THEIR SOLUTIONS. BRIGHTON HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER TONIGHT" Sky Sports commentator after Glen Murray scored 94th minute at Birmingham. 17.12.2016
      Members Garry Nelson's Left Foot's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      That looks enormous. What will the capacity be?
      Super Moderator

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's Left Foot View Post
      That looks enormous. What will the capacity be?
      About 500 more than the Emirates.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Still a complete pain to get to.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
      Would it have to a whole year though? Could the contract at Wembley not be extended to, say, Christmas?
      No. You can't switch home venues during the season, those are PL rules.
      At best they could apply to have the first few home games of next season played away from home, as West Ham and Liverpool did recently. That could buy them an extra month or so. Still looks tight to me though.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Blooming Marvellous Horton's halftime iceberg's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I travel past on the train every now and then, and seems to be going up at a pace now. Looks very impressive - almost like a bowl looking up at it.

They probbaly also have deadlines for NFL games as well.
      Dawning of a new era