Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Spurs new stadium - will it be ready ??

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
looks like the wait is worth it. That is an impressive stadium

Very impressive.

A few thoughts:

That huge South stand kop is superb. Fair play.

The concourses look like an airport terminal! Very smart for a football ground.

In one of the concourse areas he shows a 'terraced' seating area. I really, really like that. Would be a great addition to the standard concourse experience.

The seats are a bit packed in. I would not like to be sat next to some fat lad, in one of those.

The youtube chap, is probably the least annoying of his genre that I have ever come across. Kudos.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
The floor of the concourse area looks like it will become an ice rink once a few drinks are split on it! Lovely stadium. They have certainly spent a bit of extra money on it to bring it up to a really high specification inside.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I would be jealous if I thought we could fill it every week. As it is? All looks a bit tinpot! :lol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
"You shouldn't be waiting very long to get a pint" - think we all thought that when the Amex opened.

Got no decent beer on though - #we'vegotHarvey's

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Very impressive.

A few thoughts:

That huge South stand kop is superb. Fair play.

The concourses look like an airport terminal! Very smart for a football ground.

In one of the concourse areas he shows a 'terraced' seating area. I really, really like that. Would be a great addition to the standard concourse experience.

The seats are a bit packed in. I would not like to be sat next to some fat lad, in one of those.

The youtube chap, is probably the least annoying of his genre that I have ever come across. Kudos.
In the current vogue, he starts every sentence with "So.... ".

So is the new like. Drives me potty.

The stadium looks alright. Bit like the Emirates. Are the away fans anywhere near the pitch?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Jealousy aside, that is a stunning football stadium.

Wide concourses, fabulous screens etc....everything geared for the 21st Century.

Alongside so many of the Premier League Clubs bringing football stadiums out of the dark ages...........

........except for Crystal f*****g Palace, who despite the hundreds of millions of TV money still live in squalor with their tinpot Chairman.

Cladding....FFS..!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
They’ve got that design bang on. I can’t see it not being the best stand in the country.

Not having a stand like that (scaled version) is the only weakness in an otherwise perfect Amex.

I have always and still do the North Stand at the Amex is very poor and should have been bigger than the south slightly, it would give more a threatening look and having roughly the same in the North and away sometimes is not an advantage it should be.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

The stadium looks alright. Bit like the Emirates. Are the away fans anywhere near the pitch?

So annoying, although i jest you are absolutely correct, i have noticed this too almost every time someone starts to explain anything they begin so....

As to the Spurs stadium, cracking job looks wonderful, the future looks bright for them, good team as long as they can improve it unlike Arsenal where the transfer business appeared to suffer for a number of years to help fund the stadium, and the benchmark for large stadia, it would seem at first glance, has been raised. Well done Tottenham.

Love the look of the concourses, it is kind of what i expected at the Amex prior to the stadium being opened, although ours isn't bad (fantastic compared to many other grounds i have been to) that looks excellent.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Spurs have very much benefitted from their 'blue' being VERY appealing. Looks amazing in a whole stadium.

For example, it wouldn't quite so sexy in Watford yellow would it? That blue is just CLASSY. See Seattle Sounders stadium for a similar appeal.

You really can see the NFL influence on it's design, in my opinion.

Found it bizarre people were mocking them for the delays. It was always going to look MEGA. As experts in waiting for something mega, we should know another few months is NOTHING.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Found it bizarre people were mocking them for the delays. It was always going to look MEGA. As experts in waiting for something mega, we should know another few months is NOTHING.

It'll clearly be great. But its massively delayed, and coming in massively over budget (its gone from £400m to pushing a billion).

They carried on selling season tickets for that stadium whilst fully in the knowledge it was never going to be ready - its been obvious for over a year they'd never make it there for August. They deliberately supressed the "bad news", carried on taking the money, and then deservedly reaped the shitstorm when people found out that they were still lumbered with going to Wembley. Some fans had booked hotels and flights to be at the "grand opening", only to be left high and dry, and out of pocket. If I was one of those, I'd be STEAMING. At best, Levy was wildly, blindly optimistic. At worst, he was deceitful and duplicitous.

It'll be great when it opens, but the way the fans have been led up the garden path this last year or so is pretty shoddy.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Starting every sentence with "Soooooo" is just the modern day equivalent of "Errrrrrrrrr". It's just a verbal delaying tactic whilst the brain comes up with an answer!

They are both horrible and are only used by the intellectually challenged!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here