Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Brighton Drink Driver - Lenient sentance

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
A MOTHER was more than twice the drink-drive limit when she crashed and overturned her car.

Cheryl Graddon had her nine-year-old son in the back of her Peugeot 206, and also admitted to driving with no licence and no insurance when the incident occurred.

It happened in Plymouth Avenue, Brighton, at about 10.48pm on June 7 – during Surrey and Sussex Police’s summer crackdown on drink and drug-drivers.

A sample of blood was then taken from Graddon, who is unemployed, which revealed she had 178mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood in her system. The legal limit is 80mg.

She pleaded guilty at Brighton Magistrates’ Court and was disqualified from driving for 20 months.

She was also sentenced to a six-month community order and ordered to pay a £120 fine, £85 costs and a £85 victim surcharge.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1559...iving_after_flipping_car_with_son_in_vehicle/

--------------------------------------

9 year old son in the car at 11pm, twice the limit with no insurance and licence.

What is the point in disqualifying a driver that is already banned?

Shouldn't she be looking at jail time for endangering the life of her son and anyone else on the road at the same time as her?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Drink drivers are inconsiderate, dangerous, selfish scum.
There needs to be much stiffer sentencing for these morons.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What’s the point in adding a huge social care cost to the equation? She f ecked up, fortunately got away with no harming anyone seriously and will have to live with her actions for a long time yet. Spot on sentencing in my view.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The fact she is a mother has to be taken into account, sending her to prison would effectively punish the son from seeing his mother through no fault of his own. I am not saying I agree with this by the way by parenthood is taken into account when punishing an individual.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Broadly speaking yes, but I suspect the devil is in the detail here, otherwise surely she'd have received a custodial?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Totally agree with you. They choose to endangers others, and themselves, with their recklessness.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here