Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Three from five for the drop (and world-beating Huddersfield now relegation favourites)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Feels about right, I suppose.

Those extra 2 points would have made a bit of a difference to these odds.

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 12.10.06.png

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Didn't need or want to see that Bozza!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Ifs and buts will be brutal this year.

If we'd clung on yesterday and had a stroke of luck at Watford we'd be sitting very pretty right now.

Still trying to work out whether Rafa is a genius and has made Newcastle reasonably solid with a bang average team, or if they've been 'lucky' and will start to sink soon.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

If we'd clung on yesterday and had a stroke of luck at Watford we'd be sitting very pretty right now.

Still trying to work out whether Rafa is a genius and has made Newcastle reasonably solid with a bang average team, or if they've been 'lucky' and will start to sink soon.
Rafa is a quality manager. It's not luck

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Our odds to be relegated have slowly lengthened since the Watford game, when we were odds on favourites.

That's better.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Other than Palace, who would you most like to see finish below us? For me, it'd be Bournemuff just to wipe that smug look off of Eddie Howe's face.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
5 front runners for the drop, another 5 far from out of the question + a couple of outsiders who you'd be surprised if they were involved come the end of the season...

We don't look like getting many more than 40 points, and are very likely to stay in the mix to a greater or lesser extent all season, but I am confident we WILL get enough points to stay up. Big few games approaching.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Can’t help thinking Palace and Bournemouth have the players to get out of it unfortunately . If the game against them in a few weeks isn’t tense enough it looks like a real 6 pointer.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
How are Burnley that short? 7th in the table, they have a really solid defence and have found someone to put the ball in the net in Chris Wood.

Won away at Chelsea and Everton and draws with Liverpool and Spurs.

Can see them being comfortably in mid-table, and above West Brom, West Ham, Stoke and Newcastle.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Where are Southampton on the list? Only one point ahead of us and have played some of their easiest fixtures. Only played Man United out of the 'big teams' as well.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017

Check out our xG/xGA, we're defending well, and taking our chances. Also 11tegen11 did some pieces about PDO/xPDO on twitter and we're doing all right for that measure too.

It's got to be mostly down to the coaching, as our 1st team hasn't changed dramatically from last year while the opposition is obviously significantly better than then. All that's really changed is how we use them.

Instead of a pacy mobile striker like Gayle, we've a grafting target man. Instead of Perez playing as a creative outlet behind Gayle, he's playing as a pest, chasing around the pitch harassing the opposition midfield and defence. We're playing without the ball most of the time, but happy to do so. We've got a tricky December/January, but even amongst tough runs there's an opportunity to grab a win, which hopefully will keep us around or above the 1PpG mark during that difficult spell.

I'm pretty confident of staying up and think we'll end up around 14th, and that's mostly down to Benitez and his team, imo.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I quite like us being the underdogs again , so funny hearing Evertonians bemoaning they could'nt even beat a apparently league 1 standard team like Brighton , if we're league 1 standard where does that leave them , every point we notch up in this division is a massive step forward i'm as dissapointed as anyone we didn't hold on yesterday but i think we are getting better week by week and 20 points by christmas (11 more games) will do me fine .

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Do they take into account who you have played and whether its home or away ?

For example Palace have played after 8 matches , Liverpool, Man united , Man city away and Chelsea at home, that is a pretty harsh first 8 games.

And Everton have played Man city, Chelsea, Man united away and Spurs at home, again a pretty brutal start..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here