Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Hurricane Ophelia

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Looks like the Republic of Ireland is in for a battering. Meteorologically speaking that is. But they are well repared for it.

Meanwhile at the BBC Weather department. I particularly like this Tweet from Carol Kirkwood

Carol Kirkwood Retweeted

Michael Fish‏ [MENTION=34671]Michael[/MENTION]FishBBC · 2h2 hours ago

Michael Fish Retweeted Carol Kirkwood

Morning, Caz. Pop the kettle on, love, looks like another quiet one.

Michael Fish added,

cracker..........

TNBA

TTF

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
This is interesting, courtesy of VENTUSKY.COM

ventusky-wind-20171016t1000-51n12w.jpg

TNBA

TTF

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Getting a bit gusty here, fairly far off the expected track but also still ahead of it. Over 100k premises without power now. I work for the main public transport operator and I can see that basically every train station and bus station in the South West is offline, either power outages on site or networks damage.

Cork City F.C have lost a roof off a stand https://twitter.com/Crowley190/status/919889181303767040

The lack of a government in Northern Ireland means they are flapping around without a clue of what to do - announced schools were to close at about midnight and have done practically nothing else yet. They're going to get it pretty bad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Getting a bit gusty here, fairly far off the expected track but also still ahead of it. Over 100k premises without power now. I work for the main public transport operator and I can see that basically every train station and bus station in the South West is offline, either power outages on site or networks damage.

Cork City F.C have lost a roof off a stand https://twitter.com/Crowley190/status/919889181303767040

The lack of a government in Northern Ireland means they are flapping around without a clue of what to do - announced schools were to close at about midnight and have done practically nothing else yet. They're going to get it pretty bad.

My lad is at Cork, at UCC.

All schools and colleges shut, all busses suspended, most of the county outside of the city without power. Sounds a bit grim.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Getting pretty bad here now, wind and driven rain wise. Have anything lightweight or likely to catch wind either in or under the shed; wheelie bins flat against the front wall. Not much more I can do and hopefully not much more that needs doing.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Getting pretty bad here now, wind and driven rain wise. Have anything lightweight or likely to catch wind either in or under the shed; wheelie bins flat against the front wall. Not much more I can do and hopefully not much more that needs doing.

Now hope the shed doesn't take off! Take care.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
According to the map there's about 4400 premises without power in my town. Which maybe has 6000 premises at a push.

I haven't had a flicker yet. And now I've said that I'll be plunged in to darkness shortly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here