Votes: 34 17.9%
  • Yes - once

Votes: 31 16.3%
  • No

Votes: 125 65.8%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have no idea why anybody would boo a serial adulterer and drunk driver role model to millions of kids

The booing probably drowned out some of the abuse I heard from a few of our fans, shouting about his indiscretions.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s just really really boring

Yep, but some people can’t help but find something to moan about and it seems booing another player is now something to moan about.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The booing probably drowned out some of the abuse I heard from a few of our fans, shouting about his indiscretions.
Exactly. Can’t have it both ways anti booers!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Booing at a football match ?

It's the beginning of a slippery slope

What's next - cheering ?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I was totally perplexed by this booing.

Is it a spill over with frustrations towards him and his England performance? Memories of slagging off the fans in South Africa?

Either way, I didn't understand why we did it. Weird. Collective neurosis.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Is it a spill over with frustrations towards him and his England performance? Memories of slagging off the fans in South Africa?

BHA fans boo'd Wayne Rooney because...he's Wayne Rooney. I guess. :shrug:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Unfortunately I couldn't make it yesterday but did pick up on the booing when I watched it back.

I suppose I thought of it more a pantomime thing.

It's the fans way of saying "we know you're really good but we hope you fail" rather than "we hate you".

A new noise needs to be created to take this away from a boo, which should be saved for the worst.

I would suggest a "hissssssssssss"

I personally find I wouldn't boo but instead, whenever they muck up, do a HUGELY exaggerated celebration. A bit like the noise just before Izquierdo's shot where Rooney had fallen over and started hitting the ground/.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I didn't boo him, until the penalty, but, I did laugh at his histrionics whenever he was tackled, and how pony he was. 150 grand a week, and he deserves every penny :ffsparr:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

BHA fans boo'd Wayne Rooney because...he's Wayne Rooney. I guess. :shrug:

Wayne Rooney was playing?

I don't know about boo'ing, but I gave that bald bloke some stick who kept falling over himself when he wasn't man-marking Michael Oliver.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I didn't boo. But if the world is baffled that some supporters did, I think that's probably more to do with the sterile nature of the fans of the established Premier League teams.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I booed him because he seemed to go down easily and was a bit shite. Not because he was Wayne Rooney :shrug:

I booed (fairly quietly) when he came off for this precise reason. He was "cheating".

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Memories of slagging off the fans in South Africa?

I did not boo him because it normally comes back to bite, when a player is targeted like that.

But I really took a dislike to him after that interview slagging off England fans after they spent a fortune to go to South Africa to be served up that shower of sh** performance. It was toped of with him drink driving when he could of easily paid for a taxi.

Mind you I think my feelings are a bit harsh when it comes to driving offenses, as in anyone caught drink driving or distracted using a phone, should be taken out of their car and shot. So actually it is surprising that I did not boo him. Fair play to those who did.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
No, I did tell him to keep his hair on when he was throwing his toys out near the end.

Personally, I have no animosity towards Rooney, or Everton FC for that matter, and I'm not sure why he'd be a pantomime villain for Albion fans. Doubt he was bothered as he'll have heard much worse. He's a shadow of the player he was though. Where did your career go Wayne? It's behind you.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Boo'd him when his Tom Daley lessons were in evidence on the pitch. His toy out the pram throwing incident in the NW corner was right in front of us and was hilarious. Typified his efforts to persuade every Albion tackle was a foul and non of Everton's were. A right twunt imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here