• Yes - once

Votes: 31 16.3%
  • No

Votes: 125 65.8%

• Total voters

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
No, I didn't set out to boo him. However, when an over-entitled has-been makes a tit of himself falling over and spitting his dummy out, booing is de riguer

For those cringing at the thought of being considered tinpot, get a grip. Or go and treat yourself to a prawn sandwich. And, while you're at it, shove your sneering faux-embarrassment up your arse. Or go and support Arsenal ... clearly your sort of club. They don't boo up there you know.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Gave him some stick once he'd proved himself to be a perma-whingeing, falling over, referee's ear bashing, fat Joey Barton wanabee. But not before

This. Football is like a pantomime at times, and it always helps when there is a 'villain'.

Perhaps we should all sit on our hands and keep quiet? Then posters on Nsc moan about there being no atmosphere.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I gave him as much abuse as I could. He was in the ear of the ref from the start of the game, and his ****wittery when he ran at Oliver brandishing an imaginary red card, after Proppers innocuous challenge (which he realised was wrong and pulled out of the challenge) really ****ing annoyed me. I spent the entire game shouting Pie Face at him when he was on the ball. His overbearing sense of entitlement was ****ing annoying throughout the game, and I enjoyed booing the podgy ****.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Just another painfully predictable response from a painfully predictable section of our support. The same fans who have been gloating over Palace's struggles ( as if we are setting the world alight !! )but are now remarkably quiet after they beat the champions on Saturday. The same fans who think everything is alright in the world if Palace have lost at the same time as us.

Please let us know when we can gloat, thanks.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I gave him as much abuse as I could. He was in the ear of the ref from the start of the game, and his ****wittery when he ran at Oliver brandishing an imaginary red card, after Proppers innocuous challenge (which he realised was wrong and pulled out of the challenge) really ****ing annoyed me. I spent the entire game shouting Pie Face at him when he was on the ball. His overbearing sense of entitlement was ****ing annoying throughout the game, and I enjoyed booing the podgy ****.

Totally with you on this but I do like the idea of beng able to distinguish the colour of the imaginary card.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
God there's a lot of ****wittery on this thread (shock horror NSC). Thats the WHOLE ****ING POINT of a home crowd. You go at their star player, their talisman - you get him rattled, thats half the game won. There's a reason Australian cricket teams always go at the England captain, its the same reason home football crowds get on the back of the opposition's stars.

Its not bloody personal, jeez

and that Mirror article reads like something from the Onion

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I didn't boo him but I may have dropped the c-bomb on him a couple of times, but not as much as that useless twonk Micheal Oliver.
I'm glad we're generating a hostile, partisan atmosphere, if it gives us a small edge in games then all power to it. It's also gratifying to shove Merson's assessment 'it's a nice place to come' back down his throat.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
No, I didn't set out to boo him. However, when an over-entitled has-been makes a tit of himself falling over and spitting his dummy out, booing is de riguer

For those cringing at the thought of being considered tinpot, get a grip. Or go and treat yourself to a prawn sandwich. And, while you're at it, shove your sneering faux-embarrassment up your arse. Or go and support Arsenal ... clearly your sort of club. They don't boo up there you know.

This. Why do we need a reason to give him stick? Did football fans suddenly become rational?

The only thing embarrassing about the game was Everton's away support.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
booed long and hard and dished out abuse at the end.

Wasn't going to bother but once saw him diving and cheating he annoyed me. Then when he hit the ground in anger and chased the ref after diving that did it for me.

Easy person to boo with his recent exploits.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Seemed to be the usual suspects under the Police Box. :facepalm:
You sure? I'm under the police box and it seemed to me that we were constantly singing, so do have time to boo. :Shrug: obviously when he died there was some booing and chants a drink driving but that was about it.

You got to love people that slag off others that actually try and create an atmosphere at games. :facepalm:

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
No idea why people were booing him from his first touch. It was a bit more understandable once he'd started being an arse but even then I don't see the point. Booing only serves to fire players up and inevitably leads to them scoring against us (except Dan Harding).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You sure? I'm under the police box and it seemed to me that we were constantly singing, so do have time to boo. :Shrug: obviously when he died there was some booing and chants a drink driving but that was about it.

You got to love people that slag off others that actually try and create an atmosphere at games. :facepalm:

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Noticed the NS wasn't signing as one for the first time this season, back to the old ways. No doubt this lot will get the blame as usual. They're just an easy target for melts to take a pop at for anything they don't approve of, but at the same time get stick if they don't generate an atmosphere. They can't win really.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I don't have a problem with Rooney. Got nuff respect for his career and numerous accolades.

But yeah I booed him. He wears his heart on his sleeve and emotion plays a big part of his game. If giving him grief gave our lads an extra 0.00001% chance of getting a result then it was worth it. Admittedly sometimes it can spur em on to put in more of a performance against us - it didn't do that to Rooney yesterday. I thought he was pony.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Didn't want to boo - he's England's record goal scorer and in my opinion deserves some respect for what he's achieved on the football field.

However, when he did that pathetic dive just in front of the West Stand right in front of me, regardless of who you are, you're going to get a boo or two.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here