Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Non footy...any legal eagles? Advice please

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The end bit basically means the hire company will end up being charged and possibly prosecuted for your wrongdoing with somebody potentially losing their job over it, all because you wouldn't own up. I'm sure I do go over the speed limit, what I wouldn't do if I was caught is keep my mouth shut while others potentially took the rap for my mistake/slack attitude.

Didn't happen, I knew the owner of the hire place and used them a lot, they didn't lie either as they wouldn't know if I switched drivers after I left them.
Nobody died or got sacked and the world kept turning.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Didn't happen, I knew the owner of the hire place and used them a lot, they didn't lie either as they wouldn't know if I switched drivers after I left them.

Was it insured for any driver when you hired it? Did they see the other driving licences?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
So, if the driver at the time is unknown [can't recollect). what happens if it's, say, a company pool car? The "company" doesn't have a driving license to slap 6 points on. So do they get walloped with a huge fine for failing to keep records on who the car was signed out to? Seem to remember a thread similar to this about fessing up to a parking ticket in similar circumstances.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So, if the driver at the time is unknown [can't recollect). what happens if it's, say, a company pool car? The "company" doesn't have a driving license to slap 6 points on. So do they get walloped with a huge fine for failing to keep records on who the car was signed out to? Seem to remember a thread similar to this about fessing up to a parking ticket in similar circumstances.
Yes the company gets fined for not keeping proper records.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Was it insured for any driver when you hired it? Did they see the other driving licences?

It's a nonsense story now really. OzMike would simply get charged for allowing a car to be driven without consent (realistically the law has changed now and that defence simply wouldn't work anyway)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

So you did it to people you know? Well, in that case I take it back. How noble of you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here