Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MOTD2 match thread

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
30 seconds on a Brighton surprising goal, then straight to the Palace magnificent win.

I was quite relieved that they didn't highlight Propper's foul. And a neutral would probably consider a team with no goals or points beating the reigning champions quite significant compared to us failing to hammer the final nail into Koeman's managerial coffin.

Neutrals. Don't you just hate them?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The narrative for our last three homes games seems to have been we've only picked up points thanks to West Brom/Newcastle/Everton having an off day. Any credit for our performances seems so begrudging or qualified. It's starting to get a bit boring now.

I'm just grateful that we have been allowed the chance to be humiliated by the vastly superior opposition we've faced so far. When we get relegated this season, with our pitifully low points total, that even Derby will laugh at, I will remember how for one season little Brighton was permitted to feed off the scraps, donated to us by our betters.
It brings a tear to my eye.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
So... mentioned Gross, but didn't show him getting flattened for a more easy to spot penalty than the one Bruno conceded?

They could have shown that but that would have meant less time for Everton talk.

No Brainer really.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Chapman: “When we were there two or three weeks ago Chris Hughton said to us if they’re going to stay up it’s their home form that will do it.”

Kilbane: “Yeah you feel that. That was the case last season, they were so good at home, and you certainly feel now this would be the case this season. If they are going to stay up they’re going to be improving at home, yeah.”

How do these people get paid to offer literally zero insight?

I swear they said the same last week, and they'll probably say the same next week too.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Unfortunately we need to "do a Palace" and put one over one of the big boys. Until that happens we are always going to be background noise to the pundits.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Unfortunately we need to "do a Palace" and put one over one of the big boys. Until that happens we are always going to be background noise to the pundits.

Yes but they are seriously naff pundits at the end of the day. Dreadful. My dog, Freddy, my inert Grandmother and my long lost friend Christopher could do a better job than those three jokers. Dreadful. What a piss poor standard

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Today, the narrative was quite clearly "when is Koeman going to get the sack". There was no prep on Brighton whatsoever, so whether they'd slapped us 3-0 today or vice-versa, it was only ever going to be all about Everton. The moody black-and-white pre-match montage shots of Goodison (stormclouds gathering etc) had already been cobbled together, the analysis was entirely geared towards Evertons approach, their failings, what they did badly. BHA was literally just a sideshow, an afterthought. There was SO much more that went on in that game than what they showed, and yet for that section, it was just the Everton show.

I at least wanted to see the Gross shove in the back and the Propper booking, but I suppose that would've left less time for them to pick the Everton performance apart. The narrative was set when Chapman said "lets see what Newcastle, Southampton and Everton can do" right at the top of the show. I wish he'd just fvck off back to his NFL frankly.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
To be fair the Beeb have done some good stuff about us on Football Focus, but tonight was crap:shit:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think we should poach Calvert-Lewin off of them.

Not worried about the rest of their team.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There is Premier 1 and Prem 2. Get used to it. Absolute twongs of the highest order anylising our game but that would have been the producers remit to be fair.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I just can't get cross about it really. I did laugh at the fact that 3 of the 4 teams playing were named checked, but apart from that I much prefer the MOTD2 crew to MOTD. And please, let's not forget how dreadful the alternative is - Channel 5.

As much as it was all about Everton, that is a shocking story. They have spent millions in an attempt to break into the top 4 and they look no better than the Albion. From a neutral's point of view, that's where the story is. To be fair, the coverage on the previous game was equally biased towards the big club. They launched into how Newcastle were settling in well, and apart from one Southampton player, the SCC were barely mentioned.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yesterday I couldn’t get to game and it was as if there was a media blackout before during and after game. Everton played someone but you had to look hard to find who?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Today, the narrative was quite clearly "when is Koeman going to get the sack". There was no prep on Brighton whatsoever, so whether they'd slapped us 3-0 today or vice-versa, it was only ever going to be all about Everton. The moody black-and-white pre-match montage shots of Goodison (stormclouds gathering etc) had already been cobbled together, the analysis was entirely geared towards Evertons approach, their failings, what they did badly. BHA was literally just a sideshow, an afterthought. There was SO much more that went on in that game than what they showed, and yet for that section, it was just the Everton show.

Only 3 weeks ago MOTD2 was hosted from the Amex , the focus was all about the Albion with a pre- game promo film, 15 mins of highlights, interview on the pitch with Hughton, analysis of the set piece, and players like Knockaert and Gross and Steve Sidwell was one of the (rather good) pundits.

But Everton was the story yesterday and if we'd hung on for a win, It would still have been the story.
(and Palace was the story of the weekend.)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here