Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Two non football things I'd change about the match day "experience"

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Don't play the premier league tune/anthem or whatever it is called immediately after GOSBTS. Sounds shite. Tuck it away before the players come out if we are contractually bound to play it. If not ditch it altogether.

Announce the man of the match immediately after the match. Ideally don't get a sponsor who knows nothing to pick it, but I guess that's a bit too much to ask.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Announce the man of the match immediately after the match. Ideally don't get a sponsor who knows nothing to pick it, but I guess that's a bit too much to ask.

Problem is the sponsors pay to get their name read out during the games, even more so this season, its not really anything to do with the player

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Don't play the premier league tune/anthem or whatever it is called immediately after GOSBTS. Sounds shite. Tuck it away before the players come out if we are contractually bound to play it. If not ditch it altogether.

Never even heard it!

And lose a couple of hundred quid sponsor money? PBs hair would fall out... oh

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Get rid of that crap Harvey's bar in Dicks so you don't have to go to 2 different bars when you're in a round:rant:

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Don't think playing GOSBTS has the same impact when it is played as the team re-appear after half time either. Nobody in the stands seem to be taking any notice/ still in bogs/ re-taking seats etc.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Get rid of that crap Harvey's bar in Dicks so you don't have to go to 2 different bars when you're in a round:rant:
Get rid of that river water all together

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Might be wrong, but wasn't it the kid with Down's today?

Who didn't choose the goalscorer. Get him to do it again- he watches the whole match.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Don't think playing GOSBTS has the same impact when it is played as the team re-appear after half time either. Nobody in the stands seem to be taking any notice/ still in bogs/ re-taking seats etc.

I used to love it when GOSBTS was played at the Goldstone as the teams came out for the 2nd half, watching from the East Terrace as the lights in the West Stand were gradually switched off as the game re-started and great plumes of cigar smoke wafting from the seats behind the Directors Box.

Happy days :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I used to love it when GOSBTS was played at the Goldstone as the teams came out for the 2nd half, watching from the East Terrace as the lights in the West Stand were gradually switched off as the game re-started and great plumes of cigar smoke wafting from the seats behind the Directors Box.

I used to love it when GOSBTS was played at Withdean at the end of games. It was that supposedly ska version that sounded like it was played on a kazoo :lol:

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
They can also bin off that pointless Premier League billboard construction that appears on the pitch before kickoff. The only reason it exists seems to be to piss off the grounds people

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I used to love it when GOSBTS was played at Withdean at the end of games. It was that supposedly ska version that sounded like it was played on a kazoo :lol:

That was the PA person self-promoting his own song, a total disgrace

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I've been toying with the idea of GOSBTS replacing ring of fire immediately pre kick off. Would require some serious timing to get it right.

Get through the naff PL song as they walk out, whip through the teams, then a rousing GOSBTS to take us through kick off.

I do like it as the teams walk out though. Could we do it twice?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
- Don't play GOSBTS when the players come out after the break. Half of the stadium are still finishing off their pints and less than half of what remains sing along which creates a muffled shitfest which isn't inspiring.

- Train our ball boys better. I still have nightmares of the one on the West touchline throwing the ball quickly back to WBA shortly after they'd scored.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Ah yes the sweet melody of the horendously scratched and distorted tune through the state of the art loud speaker system accompanied by the marching band finally fing off the pitch and getting in the way of the teams coming out. Shortly followed by the 6'4 late arrival on the East Terrace somehow squeezing his way in front of my prime spot I had nutured for the last hour lighting up and breathing smoke all over me. The good old days.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005

I'd forgotten about the lights thing, kids of today wouldn't understand that at all. To this day though when I smell cigar smoke I am taken straight to the West Stand at the Goldstone.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here