Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo today.

larus

Can’t see a thread on him, but I thought he instilled some real energy into our performance today. Yes, he looks a little raw, but boy, he’s quick isn’t he!

I think it was Proper looking for him to make runs so he can put balls behind the back 4. Decent shot on him and I wouldn’t be upset if he got a start at West Ham. If we’re going to be looking to play on the break, he’s more likely to have space to run into.

I liked what I saw but I know there’s been quite a bit of negativity about him before.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was intending to post exactly the same.

Fair bit of the LuaLua about him cutting in and then firing in a low shot. He was going around men with ease too - impressive.

larus

Looks good but slightly worried we've spent £16 million on an impact sub.

I still think March and AK look better.

Hmm, don’t take this the wrong way, but surely some fans should be cautious about judging players too quickly.

Duffy.
Ryan.
Gross.
Propper.
Suttner.

Let the boy have some decent game time and see. I’m optimistic.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I was intending to post exactly the same.

Fair bit of the LuaLua about him cutting in and then firing in a low shot. He was going around men with ease too - impressive.

Doesn't look like as an expensive Manu-like flop on that showing!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It was set up perfectly for him today. Everton pressed very high up the pitch denying us space for our passing game. Having someone come on with the pace to get in behind them looked to be obvious counter and he did give us another dimension.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Can’t see a thread on him, but I thought he instilled some real energy into our performance today. Yes, he looks a little raw, but boy, he’s quick isn’t he!

I think it was Proper looking for him to make runs so he can put balls behind the back 4. Decent shot on him and I wouldn’t be upset if he got a start at West Ham. If we’re going to be looking to play on the break, he’s more likely to have space to run into.

I liked what I saw but I know there’s been quite a bit of negativity about him before.

Agree completely. Had seen little from him before today but was very lively and has real pace. Hopefully it is a sign of what is to come

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
It was set up perfectly for him today. Everton pressed very high up the pitch denying us space for our passing game. Having someone come on with the pace to get in behind them looked to be obvious counter and he did give us another dimension.
Indeed. It was the right type of game to use him in, today, and we saw far more of what he's all about.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Would like to see more of him at some stage, but its hard at the moment to drop March or knocky.

Looked good late in the game today against a tiring defence. At the same time, not surprisingly, he wasn't effective against one of the big rich clubs at Arsenal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

How much would you sell March or Knocky for? We didn't spend big on them, but that doesn't mean they're not worth quite a lot now.

I was pleased with his twenty minutes of work. It's early days, but I'm hopeful he'll do well here.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

If he has anything like the impact of the original super sub Fairclough at Liverpool then that will be brilliant. But I know what you mean!

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
3 quality wide men. Much needed if we play 442. March was v good today but very impressed when Jose came on. Looked really up for it. Good problem for CH to have. Any 2 of the 3

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
FWIW I thought Solly put in a hell of a shift today, but when IZQ and Izzy came on we were like a different team. I think CH likes to stick with a starting 11 but I'd be really tempted to start IZQ and Izzy and have Solly and Murray on the bench vs West Ham.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
FWIW I thought Solly put in a hell of a shift today, but when IZQ and Izzy came on we were like a different team. I think CH likes to stick with a starting 11 but I'd be really tempted to start IZQ and Izzy and have Solly and Murray on the bench vs West Ham.

We started those two at Arsenal without too much success.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here