Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo today.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Did you see my earlier post? I saw the interview. He was introduced as "he's not well", and he sounded like he had a cold when he spoke. It is simply a fact that Hughton chose Izquierdo over March. And I made it clear that I was hypothesising about Solly's prognosis (he sounded like he was at the head cold stage, not yet at the chesty stage).

Other than going 0 for 4, you're spot on!

yep. Agreed. i'm quoting what you've said. He's cold-ridden (your words), Hughton couldn't pick Izquierdo instead which you think is "worrying" and he's not going to be fit by Friday.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
we need more players like him who are not frightened to have a go, sure there are times when a better pass is on for example but at least you get the feeling something will happen whne he gets on the ball.

I like him

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
yep. Agreed. i'm quoting what you've said. He's cold-ridden (your words), Hughton couldn't pick Izquierdo instead which you think is "worrying" and he's not going to be fit by Friday.

Close.

Cold-ridden - yep, that's what I said.
"Couldn't pick Izquierdo" - nope, "didn't" is what I said.
"not going to be fit by Friday" - nope, "I'm not convinced....will be fully fit by Friday" is what I said.

1/3. Better. Getting close to red top standards now :wink:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Close.

Cold-ridden - yep, that's what I said.
"Couldn't pick Izquierdo" - nope, "didn't" is what I said.
"not going to be fit by Friday" - nope, "I'm not convinced....will be fully fit by Friday" is what I said.

1/3. Better. Getting close to red top standards now :wink:

Forgive me for thinking that you saying Hughton picking a "cold ridden" March ahead of Izquierdo which you said was "worrying" does not imply Hughton has concerns about JI ability to start matches.

As for March being fit or not for Friday then fair enough if reading the words 'I'm not convinced he will be fully fit for Friday" should not mean anyone to imply that you think he won't be fit for Friday.

Brugesboy

Aug 17, 2017
Izquierdo needs to start a couple of games in a row to get his rythm and needs time to adjust, was the same "problem" when he arrived at Brugge. But I'm worried he doesn't really fit that well into the formation Brighton plays in, with us he was playing as left winger in a 4-3-3. He didn't had to think about defending that much and looked for opportunities on the counter attack when the opponents had possesion. Probably another reason why he needs time to adjust, but I believe he has what it takes

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Thoguht he did well. Going forward and defiending whihc he has saiod, he's never done before. Only 9 games in and he's hardly played and yet pulls that off. What an asset.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I get the Lua Lua link, but Kazenga had an annoying habit of stopping and/or slowing the game down. There seems little sign of Izqueirdo doing that.

Comparing kll with izquierdo ....... you guys

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here