Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo today.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I thought he created more havoc in a ten minute spell than March did all game today.

I agree. However, when he collected his MoM award, we were told it would be a short interview as he was "not feeling very well". When Solly took the mic, he sounded like he had quite a heavy cold. :shrug:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
March’s Work rate has been has been exemplary in defense and
attack and as much as I enjoyed The Colombian Express, no
Way you could drop Solly At the moment

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Izqueirdo is basically Lua Lua on steroids. Blistering pace, and ALWAYS looking to cut inside onto his right to have a crack. Teams are going to wise up to that very quickly though, so I hope he realises this, and appreciates that "other options are also available".

Right now Solly has that LM slot nailed down just for his workrate, end product and tracking back to help out Suttner. Izqueirdo is an exciting player to have coming off the bench, but at the moment, he's looking like a rather expensive cameo player.

March has been our best winger this season - daft to drop him. If we could find another way to use the Colombian Joe I’d be delighted tho

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Not afraid to shoot, was good to see.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Izqueirdo is basically Lua Lua on steroids. Blistering pace, and ALWAYS looking to cut inside onto his right to have a crack. Teams are going to wise up to that very quickly though, so I hope he realises this, and appreciates that "other options are also available".

Indeed. Izqueirdo needs to turn left, or go straight on, occasionally. Or indicate right, and then go straight on. Or left.

He'll be great for us.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Looked good late in the game today against a tiring defence. At the same time, not surprisingly, he wasn't effective against one of the big rich clubs at Arsenal.

Arsenal also have one of the fastest players in the Prem as their right back, so any player would find it tough coming up against Bellerin.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looks good but slightly worried we've spent £16 million on an impact sub.

I still think March and AK look better.

Was thinking about this today & the reality is, in today's crazy climate, Solly & Knocky are worth more than £16mil! So it's as much a case of us freaking out as fans about how much money we've spent on this guy (rightfully so) than him not being up to scratch - **** it it's late & that makes little sense but you get what I mean.. possibly...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I agree. However, when he collected his MoM award, we were told it would be a short interview as he was "not feeling very well". When Solly took the mic, he sounded like he had quite a heavy cold. :shrug:

Delighted to hear Solly wasn't well. I thought he looked off the pace and reluctant to push himself, so look forward to the fully fit version on Friday night.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Solly has been one of the standout players and deserves his place. I would love to find a way to play all three of Knocheart, Solly and Jose. I think Jose deserves a start at home perhaps against Southampton, then we will see what he can really do.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Delighted to hear Solly wasn't well. I thought he looked off the pace and reluctant to push himself, so look forward to the fully fit version on Friday night.

Yeah, but... CH obviously thought a cold-ridden March was a better bet than Izzquierdo, which is a little worrying, no? Also, given how he sounded, I'm not convinced that Solly will be fully fit by Friday. If his colds develop in a pattern anything like mine, he'll be at the chesty stage on Friday...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
CH obviously thought a cold-ridden March was a better bet than Izzquierdo, which is a little worrying, no? Also, given how he sounded, I'm not convinced that Solly will be fully fit by Friday. If his colds develop in a pattern anything like mine, he'll be at the chesty stage on Friday...

So anecdotally March doesn't feel up to doing a full interview in a post match interview becomes - he's cold- ridden, Izquierdo is not up to replacing him, and March won't be playing on Friday.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So anecdotally March doesn't feel up to doing a full interview in a post match interview becomes - he's cold- ridden, Izquierdo is not up to replacing him, and March won't be playing on Friday.

Did you see my earlier post? I saw the interview. He was introduced as "he's not well", and he sounded like he had a cold when he spoke. It is simply a fact that Hughton chose Izquierdo over March. And I made it clear that I was hypothesising about Solly's prognosis (he sounded like he was at the head cold stage, not yet at the chesty stage).

Other than going 0 for 4, you're spot on!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Right now Solly has that LM slot nailed down just for his workrate, end product and tracking back to help out Suttner. Izqueirdo is an exciting player to have coming off the bench, but at the moment, he's looking like a rather expensive cameo player.

I get the Lua Lua link, but Kazenga had an annoying habit of stopping and/or slowing the game down. There seems little sign of Izqueirdo doing that.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We'll start to worry when Hughton tells us that Solly is fine and definitely over his cold.......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here