Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The classic poll when conceding a late equaliser

Was Everton one point gained or two points dropped?

• One point gained

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 69 84.1%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One point gained or two points dropped?

One point gained:
- Everton have spent zillions
- ...and were aiming to challenge the big 6 this season
- Maty Ryan made a fantastic double save to keep it at 1-1

Two points dropped:
- One up and deservedly so
- Great chance to go two up
- Conceding to a 90th minute penalty

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
2 points dropped, we're not wet behind the ears anymore, playing the PL game now, so must learn quicker.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Arrived with no particular expectations except the notion that Everton haven't been very good. In the end of course the wild scenes of celebration, with Maty Ryan running from the other end of the pitch, were dampened by the daft late penalty. Left feeling disappointed that we hadn't secured 3 points - and scored at least one more. Points are hard to come by - and another two, that were dropped today, will always be hard to replace.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Overall a draw was a fair result, gutting to conceded the late penalty though. Ryan's keeping gained us a point imo.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nothing but two points dropped and the players will be feeling that after we got into a winning position with so little time left

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
We are close arnt we. Ifs and buts obvs but should have been 2 more points today. Could have been 3 at muff and maybe 2 more at Watford.

Fine margins. Keep on keeping on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nothing but two points dropped and the players will be feeling that after we got into a winning position with so little time left

The players looked like they'd lost as they left the pitch. Good attitude after the awe we showed other teams at the start of the season.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It is always gutting to drop points at the end, but...

Played 4, Won 2 Drawn 1 Lost 1 is decent enough at home.

The away results are a bit more concerning and where any luck has abandoned us. We need to start consistently 'drawing ugly' away from home.

larus

The players looked like they'd lost as they left the pitch. Good attitude after the awe we showed other teams at the start of the season.

Agree Icy. I think we lost to Leicester before the game started. I’ll admit that I was also in that mindset; that we were going to struggle and most teams would be too good for us.

Now - f*ck that. Apart from the big 6, we’re good enough to battle in most of the games. We’re organised, hard working and, most importantly IMO, a genuine team. Players that seem to play for each other.

Did anyone else notice the clip where Duffy got to his feet and was about to go off. Dunk put his hand on his arm and rubbed/squeezed (not like that FFS :lol:), but as a friend would to show support.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Definitely two lost. Whatever anyone thought before the match, the game is fluid and we were ahead in the last minute when a foolish and unnecesary challenge gave them the goal from the spot. That said, we were hampered by a ref who could have given us two penalties. Handball from Dunk's shot and the barge into the back of Gross in the second half. And before anyone says it deflected off his leg, it still was goal bound at that stage before his arm knocked it out.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Before and after the game I thought we should've beat um

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
One point gained. The spreadsheet says so.

I also think despite their current position Everton will finish top half comfortably.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Frustrating to conceed so late when we started to look the better side but overall a draw was a fair score. Everton looked the better side for long periods of the game.

Point gained.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
It was ultimately a point gained...because it was...but it felt like we threw 2 extra points away as no one in the ground seemed to have a clue why the ref had awarded a penalty at the time.
But overall a draw was a fair result and more than that....we are now holding our own against the likes of Everton!!!!! That’s how far we have come in a short space of time!!!! I’m so flippin’ proud of Chris and the team I could burst!!!

larus

Definitely two lost. Whatever anyone thought before the match, the game is fluid and we were ahead in the last minute when a foolish and unnecesary challenge gave them the goal from the spot. That said, we were hampered by a ref who could have given us two penalties. Handball from Dunk's shot and the barge into the back of Gross in the second half. And before anyone says it deflected off his leg, it still was goal bound at that stage before his arm knocked it out.

And the ref should have awarded a penalty against Propper for shirt pulling in the box, so he would have been booked and sent off as already on a yellow. You can’t be selective in the decisions. And Propper could have been sent off for the challenge where he was booked - studs up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here