Suttner 7

AK 7 finding his form again
Stephens 4 good interceptions, woeful passing
Propper 8 class act
Solly 8
Gross 8
Muzza 4

Izquierdo 8 very positive

As I saw it, poss a bit harsh on Murray and Stephens (maybe 5s). Jose is going to be a massive threat - very impressive.

Ryan MOTM for the first half save and 94th minute double save, excellent distribution too.

Uwe was excellent when he came on, Brown looked lively too.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Bruno should score zero or a minus for the penalty he gave away.

All the good work was cancelled out in that split second.

Im still furious, and hope he was bought to book in the changing room, because if one of my team mates had done that I would have gone mad.

Stupid stupid decision.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cant agree on the 86 min short corner - too early. 89 mins plus maybe... still 8 mins left. I would say we should have been more switched on from it not to let them break tgough...

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Ryan 8

Bruno 6
Duffy 8 MOTM
Dunk 7.5
Suttner 7.5

Knockaert 7
Propper 6
Stephens 5
March 7

Groß 7.5
Murray 4

Izquierdo 7
Hunemeier 7
Brown 6

biddles911

May 12, 2014
I was going to post similar. I'm also surprised no one has started or bounced a thread about him, given how good he was today when he came on.

Game changer. We really looked threatening after he came on. Reminded me of Lualua at his best........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan 8 Improves game by game
Bruno 6 Sadly his days are numbered as he seemed to struggle most of the game
Duffy 7 Usual mountain at the back.
Dunk 6.5 Competent but not up to his usual passing standards.
Suttner 7 His best game for us so far
Knockhaert 7 Boosted by 1 point foir his goal but still not back to his best.
Stephens 7 Forming good partnership with Propper.
Propper 7 Is improving each game and becoming a vital member of the team
March 6 Thought he drifted in and out of the game without consistency.
Gross 6 Gave the ball away a lot in 1st Half but improved in the 2nd.
Murray 6 Tried hard but had nobody up to give the ball to when he won it.
Subs
Hunemier 6 Stepped in and did his job well
Izquierdo 7 Looked exciting and prepared to cut in and have a shot so would like to see him start.
Brown 7 Should have put the 3 points to bed with his late shot but offered a different approach than previously in the game.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ryan 8 Man of the match.
Bruno 5 Not in his best run of form and his position in the team must be under threat right now.
Duffy 8 Big lad, big heart, big performance.
Dunk 7 Pretty good performance as always but his passing was off.
Suttner 6 Didn't get forward well, didn't add anything going forward. Very solid player.
Knockaert 6 Other than the goal, no real danger and he's struggling to affect games so far.
Stephens 5 A few sloppy passes, but a few quality tackles. Defensively sound but adds nothing going forward.
Pröpper 5 Anonymous other than giving the ball away, he's not creating chances and he's not a goal threat.
March 7 Offers work rate and end product, contributing far more in the games than Knockaert at the moment.
Gross 6 A few good moments but poor first half. Remains our most important player.
Murray 5 Really poor, awful timing first half especially. No real support, our best striker on his worst day.

Subs
Hünemeier 6 Some good challenges, the 3 in a few seconds especially. Solid player to come in.
Izquierdo 7 A real impact when he came on, he adds real pace and flair to the team.
Brown N/A Not on long enough, should have given Pickford no chance for 2-0 though.

Everton bossed the game without really creating too much, other than the last kicks of the game when they should have won the game. We don't carry enough of a goal threat and on today's showing, we probably will fail to score in a lot of our games this season.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ryan 8

Bruno 5
Dunk 7
Duffy 7
Suttner 7

Knockaert 7
Stephens 7
Propper 7
March 7

Gross 7

Murray 5

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ryan 9 - Best game for the club. Some great saves.
Bruno 5. Hand in the goal but thought he looked his age today. Treading water in the last 20mins. Poor judgement and what was he thinking for the penalty?
Dunk 8 - Excellent
Duffy 8. Great partnership with Dunk
Suttner 8.- Did well especially 1st half
Stephens 7 - A few misplaced passes but harried and protected the back four well.
Propper 7. Starting to look the part, getting better and better.
March 7. Surprised he went off instead of Knocky but drifted in and out of the game.
Knockaert 7. Poor 1st half improved after the break and didn't he enjoy his goal!
Gross 7. Gets about the pitch well and delivers a great dead ball. Not convinced he is a no.10 though but has plenty of ability for sure.
Murray 5. No protection from the ref and a couple of ridiculous offsides given against him but he was poor and looked unfit.
Subs:
Hunemeir 6 Did ok when coming on.
Izquierda 7. showed glimpses of class, but needs to work on his decision making
Brown N/A

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Ryan 8 Man of the match.
Bruno 5 Not in his best run of form and his position in the team must be under threat right now.
Duffy 8 Big lad, big heart, big performance.
Dunk 7 Pretty good performance as always but his passing was off.
Suttner 6 Didn't get forward well, didn't add anything going forward. Very solid player.
Knockaert 6 Other than the goal, no real danger and he's struggling to affect games so far.
Stephens 5 A few sloppy passes, but a few quality tackles. Defensively sound but adds nothing going forward.
Pröpper 5 Anonymous other than giving the ball away, he's not creating chances and he's not a goal threat.
March 7 Offers work rate and end product, contributing far more in the games than Knockaert at the moment.
Gross 6 A few good moments but poor first half. Remains our most important player.
Murray 5 Really poor, awful timing first half especially. No real support, our best striker on his worst day.

Subs
Hünemeier 6 Some good challenges, the 3 in a few seconds especially. Solid player to come in.
Izquierdo 7 A real impact when he came on, he adds real pace and flair to the team.
Brown N/A Not on long enough, should have given Pickford no chance for 2-0 though.

Everton bossed the game without really creating too much, other than the last kicks of the game when they should have won the game. We don't carry enough of a goal threat and on today's showing, we probably will fail to score in a lot of our games this season.

Pretty much agree with this assessment though marks for Stephens and Propper are a bit harsh. Propper did some excellent work today and looks very creative on occasions.

Lack of goal threat is a real worry. Izquierdo might make the difference though we’ve got no one capable of getting on the end of things at present unless Glenn really improves dramatically. Not sure if he’s not fully fit yet or simply that age is catching up?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Pretty much agree with this assessment though marks for Stephens and Propper are a bit harsh. Propper did some excellent work today and looks very creative on occasions.

Lack of goal threat is a real worry. Izquierdo might make the difference though we’ve got no one capable of getting on the end of things at present unless Glenn really improves dramatically. Not sure if he’s not fully fit yet or simply that age is catching up?

Possibly they are, to be fair. I'm just feeling frustrated because the talent is there, it just feels like there's a handbrake on them at the moment. I feel like we're deciding that other teams are better than we are, and we should accept that. But no, I don't think we should. When we stopped watching West Brom play and we ourselves started dominating we proved our skill and the talent in our team. They were lucky to get away with 3-1, the 1 flattered them.

Today we played a very good team, no question. And their pudding formation will allow them to dominate the possession, but there's no reason why we shouldn't be more proactive and aggresive in going forward and being more of a danger to teams. The whole team feels like it's being restrained but I think we'd do a lot of damage if we chose to. We're struggling to get Knockaert really going after teams and if we compared Bruno's heat map this season to the last few you'd assume it's a different player. Obviously this league is a step up, but at some point we have to show some balls.

We showed more balls against West Brom and Newcastle than we did today, which is why we didn't win this one and in the end we were lucky not to lose. We're a good team, but we're very cautious is the point I'm making.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Possibly they are, to be fair. I'm just feeling frustrated because the talent is there, it just feels like there's a handbrake on them at the moment. I feel like we're deciding that other teams are better than we are, and we should accept that. But no, I don't think we should. When we stopped watching West Brom play and we ourselves started dominating we proved our skill and the talent in our team. They were lucky to get away with 3-1, the 1 flattered them.

Today we played a very good team, no question. And their pudding formation will allow them to dominate the possession, but there's no reason why we shouldn't be more proactive and aggresive in going forward and being more of a danger to teams. The whole team feels like it's being restrained but I think we'd do a lot of damage if we chose to. We're struggling to get Knockaert really going after teams and if we compared Bruno's heat map this season to the last few you'd assume it's a different player. Obviously this league is a step up, but at some point we have to show some balls.

We showed more balls against West Brom and Newcastle than we did today, which is why we didn't win this one and in the end we were lucky not to lose. We're a good team, but we're very cautious is the point I'm making.

Annoying when you have to agree (almost) 100%!

Our threats last season came very much from the wide men, particularly Knocky, and neither Solly or Knocky seem able or willing to push forward in the way they did last season.

Am sure that’s partly because Bruno and Suttner are under greater pressure from the opposition so they’re doing more defensive work but I’d really like to see them both getting further forward quickly and take on their man.

Everton clearly came for the win and played a very high line which was just begging for balls to be played quickly down the channels but it didn’t really work until Izquierdo came on and really ran at them.

Hope it’s just a confidence issue and they’ll push on more rapidly soon but until we get an effective target man we’ll be looking to scrape wins every game anyway.....!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Ryan 9 - Best game for the club. Some great saves.
Bruno 5. Hand in the goal but thought he looked his age today. Treading water in the last 20mins. Poor judgement and what was he thinking for the penalty?
Dunk 8 - Excellent
Duffy 8. Great partnership with Dunk
Suttner 8.- Did well especially 1st half
Stephens 7 - A few misplaced passes but harried and protected the back four well.
Propper 7. Starting to look the part, getting better and better.
March 7. Surprised he went off instead of Knocky but drifted in and out of the game.
Knockaert 7. Poor 1st half improved after the break and didn't he enjoy his goal!
Gross 7. Gets about the pitch well and delivers a great dead ball. Not convinced he is a no.10 though but has plenty of ability for sure.
Murray 5. No protection from the ref and a couple of ridiculous offsides given against him but he was poor and looked unfit.
Subs:
Hunemeir 6 Did ok when coming on.
Izquierda 7. showed glimpses of class, but needs to work on his decision making
Brown N/A

Spot on. I got stick for giving Bruno 5 at Arsenal but he is worrying me. Some flashes of real quality but some bad mistakes. Thought Schelotto’s cameo at Emirates showed some promise and fully expect him to replace Bruno, possibly next Friday.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Ryan 8 - Won us a point at the end, couple of good stops before that.
Bruno 5 - Couple of really positive moments as we have come to expect but beaten repeatedly in the air and absolute madness for the pen.
Dunk 7 - Passing was off today, still loving his runs forward.
Duffy 8 - Didn't put a foot wrong, couple of brilliant tackles and usual commanding aerial display.
Suttner 7 - Probably our slowest player to improve, but improve he has.
Knockaert 8(MotM) - Turning point I feel/hope. Didn't leave Bruno exposed today, some lovely link-up and not over-doing it. Good finish.
Stephens 7 - Gave the ball away less than most on the pitch which is why a few of these comments are very confusing, but expected. Counted around 7-8 times he won us back possession in a 20 min stretch.
Propper 7 - Still improving, can't wait to see him settled. Nasty challenge.
March 7 - Working tremendously hard, chased down a couple of what I thought were nothing balls and got there. Delivery abit off.
Gross 6 - Passing was very off in the first half, gave possesion away 4-5 times and lucky to not give away a pen in the second. Starting to think people are confusing him with Stephens. Didn't give up and ran on to provide the assist for Knocky.
Murray 5 - Not match fit, people should learn that before spouting shit. If Hemed wasn't suspended he would only be getting minutes here and there. Poor display but understandable.

Izquierdo 7 - Seem to give us energy off the bat and lifted the crowd. Another one i'm looking forward to seeing settled.
Huenemeir 6 - If Duffy is out then i'm glad we have this guy waiting.
Brown 6 - Not on long enough, feel he could have placed the shot rather than blasted but looked decent.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
From the box abroad
Ryan 9 - MOTM absolute class, so good in fact, that I was convinced Rooney would not score that pen.
Bruno 5 - oh dear. I love El Capitan but that was a horror show. Beaten repeatedly in the air by Calvert-Lewin, then he needlessly accosts him in the box.
Duffy 8 - immense. A colossus
Dunk 8 - another terrific, all action game. If he could eradicate those occasional sloppy passes that put us back under pressure he'd be right up there with the best.
Suttner 7 - still growing on me
Stephens 7 - I don't get the negativity that I've seen on here
Propper 6 - marked down for a silly challenge that could have seen red
March 7 - I was very surprised he came off. Not his best game, but was still causing more problems than AK at the time
Knockaert 7 - delighted for him. Finding the step up and lack of form difficult. he's a confidence player and he needed that.
Gross 6 - surprisingly sloppy today. Kept giving the ball away. Could have won a pen though.
Murray 5 - offside constantly and rarely a threat. Needed the game, will get better

Izquierdo 6 - nice little cameo that was reminiscent of KLL, cutting in from the left and having a dig. Once is okay but the second time he had better options
Brown 6 - stung the keepers gloves
Uwe 7 - I actually think we'll be alright without Duffy as Uwe is class. My worry is height against Carroll on Friday

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
From the box abroad
Ryan 9 - MOTM absolute class, so good in fact, that I was convinced Rooney would not score that pen.
Bruno 5 - oh dear. I love El Capitan but that was a horror show. Beaten repeatedly in the air by Calvert-Lewin, then he needlessly accosts him in the box.
Duffy 8 - immense. A colossus
Dunk 8 - another terrific, all action game. If he could eradicate those occasional sloppy passes that put us back under pressure he'd be right up there with the best.
Suttner 7 - still growing on me
Stephens 7 - I don't get the negativity that I've seen on here
Propper 6 - marked down for a silly challenge that could have seen red
March 7 - I was very surprised he came off. Not his best game, but was still causing more problems than AK at the time
Knockaert 7 - delighted for him. Finding the step up and lack of form difficult. he's a confidence player and he needed that.
Gross 6 - surprisingly sloppy today. Kept giving the ball away. Could have won a pen though.
Murray 5 - offside constantly and rarely a threat. Needed the game, will get better

Izquierdo 6 - nice little cameo that was reminiscent of KLL, cutting in from the left and having a dig. Once is okay but the second time he had better options
Brown 6 - stung the keepers gloves
Uwe 7 - I actually think we'll be alright without Duffy as Uwe is class. My worry is height against Carroll on Friday

Carroll is suspended as he was sent off on Saturday.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ryan 9

Bruno 5
Dunk 8
Duffy 7
Suttner 6

Knockaert 7
Stephens 6
Propper 6
March 6