Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno’s actions cost us 2 points today

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just seen the penalty incident - WTF was he thinking giving their player a forearm smash in the throat when the ball was going over both their heads ?! If the ref (who was bloody shocking by the way) gives the penalty for that then Bruno can count himself lucky not to get sent off ! Footballers can be more mindless at times - I hope those 2 points dropped don’t cost us at the end of the season.

**** off :moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I expect to get slated but I think that he generally struggled and I feel that his days are numbered and I envisage seeing Schelotto taking his place sooner rather than later in the season, possibly by Christmas, or at least pushing him for a starting place.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The intolerance on this thread of one misdemeanour from a captain who has given us huge amounts of grit, skill and effort over the last few years just once again highlights what berks some of our own fans are.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The intolerance on this thread of one misdemeanour from a captain who has given us huge amounts of grit, skill and effort over the last few years just once again highlights what berks some of our own fans are.

I do not think the comments about him were solely based on the penalty, well not in my case. I think that he has struggled for most of this season and feel that Father Time is catching up with him and even a player of his ability and what he has given us can expect to be picked on his past performances continually. He has to continue to produce the goods every game.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I do not think the comments about him were solely based on the penalty, well not in my case. I think that he has struggled for most of this season and feel that Father Time is catching up with him and even a player of his ability and what he has given us can expect to be picked on his past performances continually. He has to continue to produce the goods every game.
I fully expect him to retire in the summer, but this was the first error he’s committed this season. The same can’t be said across the team

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I fully expect him to retire in the summer, but this was the first error he’s committed this season. The same can’t be said across the team

Perhaps he has set such a high standard that we expect him to do it every game and I feel that he has been below par for most games this season and has generally struggled for pace and not been able to support AK as in the past. Granted this was his first major cock up of note.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Just seen the penalty incident - WTF was he thinking giving their player a forearm smash in the throat when the ball was going over both their heads ?! If the ref (who was bloody shocking by the way) gives the penalty for that then Bruno can count himself lucky not to get sent off ! Footballers can be more mindless at times - I hope those 2 points dropped don’t cost us at the end of the season.

Just watched the highlights
What was he doing?!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Perhaps he has set such a high standard that we expect him to do it every game and I feel that he has been below par for most games this season and has generally struggled for pace and not been able to support AK as in the past. Granted this was his first major cock up of note.

Completely the opposite here, he has been comfortable in every game and penalty apart was today as well.

The bigger issue is Knockaert not tracking and Bruno ending up with two against him, but that only happened once today.

Hopefully today was a turning point for Knockaert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Completely the opposite here, he has been comfortable in every game and penalty apart was today as well.

The bigger issue is Knockaert not tracking and Bruno ending up with two against him, but that only happened once today.

Hopefully today was a turning point for Knockaert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different opinions as to the cause of a problem.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I would like to view it this way. We failed to score twice whilst we certainly could have done.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

You don’t pick players on basis of what they have done, but what they can do. Bruno is not looking the part generally; the pen was just the most blatant manifestation.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I expect to get slated but I think that he generally struggled and I feel that his days are numbered and I envisage seeing Schelotto taking his place sooner rather than later in the season, possibly by Christmas, or at least pushing him for a starting place.

Totally agree, you won’t get slated from me. Posted very similar comment on another thread.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
You don’t pick players on basis of what they have done, but what they can do. Bruno is not looking the part generally; the pen was just the most blatant manifestation.

True, but I must’ve missed something as for me Bruno has been contributing as well as anybody.
I guess we all just see different things in different games.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If he'd kept his arm down it would have been just another professionally expert piece of defending by the bearded maestro, using his body to block his opponent any chance to get to the ball.

The raising of the arm is bizarrely uncharacteristic and the only similar incident I can recall is when he gave away a penalty at Fulham where, inexplicably, he handled the ball when there was absolutely no need to do so.

The man has a massive amount of credit in the bank - it's just a shame he made a small withdrawal against it today.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
If he'd kept his arm down it would have been just another professionally expert piece of defending by the bearded maestro, using his body to block his opponent any chance to get to the ball.

The raising of the arm is bizarrely uncharacteristic and the only similar incident I can recall is when he gave away a penalty at Fulham where, inexplicably, he handled the ball when there was absolutely no need to do so.

The man has a massive amount of credit in the bank - it's just a shame he made a small withdrawal against it today.

Yep thinking of the same thing. The hand ball at Fulham last season was just kind of wtf were you thinking mad, and totally out of character. Probably not remembered so much because stockdale save the resulting penalty. After that I don't remember another error last season. Maybe he has one mentalist moment every season and today that was it. Still a total legend to me.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
News to me that Bruno has been struggling in the Prem..

I would have said he's taken it comfortably in his stride.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here