Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno’s actions cost us 2 points today

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Why Bruno, WHY? That should have been a straight red card offence, unnecessary and quite nasty to a young player like Calvert - Lewin!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The free kick that led to the penalty was taken at least five yards further forward than where the offence took place.
Pretty crap refereeing really

The free kick was due to poor game management. It was a result of a corner being cleared, a corner which should have been taken short at that stage of the game to run the clock down. Very naive on our part.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The free kick was due to poor game management. It was a result of a corner being cleared, a corner which should have been taken short at that stage of the game to run the clock down. Very naive on our part.

I agree, but it was still taken from the wrong place, by about 5 yards

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The ref was desperate to give them a penalty. That should have been obvious to all our players. Why give him an excuse? So much as a light tug of a shirt and he was pointing to the spot all day long but this one looked nailed on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We should have had a penalty when Gross was barged over shouldn’t we? That ref gave us nothing and seemed to favour Everton all game. Maybe I'm too biased.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Bruno hardly ever challenges for a header, preferring to block the attacker. He got caught today for the penalty and lucky prior to that.

He won several headers in the first half.

Just seen the penalty incident - WTF was he thinking giving their player a forearm smash in the throat when the ball was going over both their heads ?! If the ref (who was bloody shocking by the way) gives the penalty for that then Bruno can count himself lucky not to get sent off ! Footballers can be more mindless at times - I hope those 2 points dropped don’t cost us at the end of the season.

Fvck off.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Did any of their players or any of their fans even appeal for that?

Nope. It was a penalty though but would have been the type of block that happens on every free kick and corner if he hadn't raised his arm. Benitez ranting on about blocking when we scored v Newcastle has done us no favours. Thought the push on Gross was also a penalty - defender had got himself in a poor position.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Stupid to look at the player. Don't know why he didn't compete for 3 other headers before that too and lost out to Calvert Lewin. Let's not forget his role in our goal though.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
We should have had a penalty when Gross was barged over shouldn’t we? That ref gave us nothing and seemed to favour Everton all game. Maybe I'm too biased.

I thought the ref had a bad game but more decisions went our way than Evertons;-
1 Proppers dreadful studs up tackle in first half,should have been red card,
2gross nearly pulling shirt off Everton player in 2nd half,he had already been booked and was lucky ref didn't see it as it would have been a penalty and probably been a 2nd yellow,
3 Have seen other refs send players off for that stupid challenge by Bruno.
We could have ended up with 8 players

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just seen the penalty incident - WTF was he thinking giving their player a forearm smash in the throat when the ball was going over both their heads ?! If the ref (who was bloody shocking by the way) gives the penalty for that then Bruno can count himself lucky not to get sent off ! Footballers can be more mindless at times - I hope those 2 points dropped don’t cost us at the end of the season.

Yes they did. Set up our goal though. Wasn’t a sending off, if someone runs at you on a set piece, you don’t have your hands by your side, you normally bring you arm to block, as soon as he moved his forearm with intent towards the player he was screwed and so were we!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here