Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno’s actions cost us 2 points today

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Just seen the penalty incident - WTF was he thinking giving their player a forearm smash in the throat when the ball was going over both their heads ?! If the ref (who was bloody shocking by the way) gives the penalty for that then Bruno can count himself lucky not to get sent off ! Footballers can be more mindless at times - I hope those 2 points dropped don’t cost us at the end of the season.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Just seen the penalty incident - WTF was he thinking giving their player a forearm smash in the throat when the ball was going over both their heads ?! If the ref (who was bloody shocking by the way) gives the penalty for that then Bruno can count himself lucky not to get sent off ! Footballers can be more mindless at times - I hope those 2 points dropped don’t cost us at the end of the season.

Totally agree the most needless penalty I have seen in ages,must have had a brainstorm.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It is what it is. It was a penalty no matter what people say. He deliberately looks at the player and it's a clear block off. Should of been more subtle.
Oliver was poor mind. Let Rooney get away with a blatant dive and back chat for 5 minutes and didn't even think of the yellow card. We had a couple of decent shouts as well. 1st half hand ball although I'm sure it flicked off his knee before hand but that was defiantly hitting the back of the net
Gross I felt should of gone our way. In the middle of the pitch it's a foul so why not in the box.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He had been beaten in the air a few times by the same player, one resulting in a good chance and I think he felt he was fouled.. That may have been on his mind when he did what he did, hoping the ref would miss it, I guess.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The actual positioning of his arm isn’t the issue - there wasn’t an elbowing action after all. The issue is him looking at the player, which suggests an intent to hurt. It probably was a penalty when looking at the official rules (although I still think if he’s giving that, then he needs to be giving a lot of penalties in every single game as such things happen with an alarming regularity in every game).

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The free kick that led to the penalty was taken at least five yards further forward than where the offence took place.
Pretty crap refereeing really

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
It was needless to raise an arm like that. Shoulder to shoulder would have been fine. I’m not going to start slagging him off though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bruno hardly ever challenges for a header, preferring to block the attacker. He got caught today for the penalty and lucky prior to that.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
For a decent pro, that was a very stupid thing to do. Two points at the end of the season could be priceless.
Fortunately he knows that and nothing will happen again like that this season.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
You could also say that AK possibly cost us the game by giving the free kick away that led to the ball into the box...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You could also say that AK possibly cost us the game by giving the free kick away that led to the ball into the box...
If you were a complete fruitcake...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here