Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Uwe

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If, as expected Shane Duffy is out for a few games it will give him the opportunity stake a claim for a start if and when Dunk goes to either Arsenal or Liverpool in January,.
Dunk is not being sold in January.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If the right offer comes in for Dunk he will be sold

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If the right offer comes in for Dunk he will be sold
Of course, but I don't reckon our valuation would be met until the summer at the earliest.

Other than players who would be out of contract at the end of the season, we don't tend to sell in January.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
We shall see but I think a big club will offer an amount that we can not afford to turn down, especially having Uwe and Conor to come in to replace him.

We know the going price for a first class centre back is £50m thanks to Liverpool and Southampton.Dunk is one of our back up captains, on a long term contract, experienced, a good age, English and playing well in the Premier League. I'm sure we don't need to sell, so £50m in full, on the table at the start of the January window before we even contemplate a deal. I'm beginning to think there is so much money in the Ptemier League that there is no longer such a thing as an offer a club cannot afford to turn down.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Assuming Uwe wants to stay in England, the club need to sort out a contract extension for him otherwise he may walk away 'on a free' in the summer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We shall see but I think a big club will offer an amount that we can not afford to turn down, especially having Uwe and Conor to come in to replace him.
It would need to be an obscene amount. Securing our Premier league status is the priority, and this club seems to be run sufficiently well as to realise that. Let's say a club offers £40m in January - how much is the least we'd get for him the following summer? If it's anything more than £10m then it's good business to keep him until then.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Of course, but I don't reckon our valuation would be met until the summer at the earliest.

Other than players who would be out of contract at the end of the season, we don't tend to sell in January.

How about the buying club offering a decent striker as a swap? I could see the club doing that deal in January...

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
My step Dads business partner is based in Germany and their accountant is friends with Uwe. They're coming over for their first taste of English football and Uwe has got them 3 tickets for the Palace game with the works before hand meal etc then got them into the players lounge afterwards where friends and family go.

My step dad doesn't even ****ing like football!!!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How about the buying club offering a decent striker as a swap? I could see the club doing that deal in January...
Well that would depend on the striker involved and if we rate him.

I don't think there will be much churn at all in the 25 man squad in Jamuary.

- Skalak out, striker in.

- Goldson out ( loan), central defender in ( loan ).

- Outside chance of a central midfielder in, I suppose.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well that would depend on the striker involved and if we rate him.

I don't think there will be much churn at all in the 25 man squad in Jamuary.

- Skalak out, striker in.

- Goldson out ( loan), central defender in ( loan ).

- Outside chance of a central midfielder in, I suppose.

Yep, I agree with all of that. I was just positing a possible scenario where the club might be prepared to let Dunk go - obviously, we'd need to want the offered striker! Most likely, Dunk will be staying until the summer...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here