Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Uwe

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I really, really like him. So pleased for him to get some minutes in the PL at last. Don't feel concerned at all about Duffy's injury with the BFG coming in.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The back 4 and reserve defenders are the strongest part of this team. As long as we can get goals, they’re good enough to keep them out. Also Ryan is staring to come good now. Certainly growing in confidence by the game

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There was one incident a few mins after he came on where he seemed to out in 3 consecutive tackles around the corner of the box, and came up with the ball despite being surrounded by Everton players. We’re lucky to have such a quality 3rd choice CB. Great club guy too.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There was one incident a few mins after he came on where he seemed to out in 3 consecutive tackles around the corner of the box, and came up with the ball despite being surrounded by Everton players. .
From where I was it looked like the same attacker tried to get by 3 times in a row and got tackled 3 times in a row. Was excellent and amusing to watch.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You never feel worried with our CB back up, you know BFG and Goldson will do a job. I don't rate them above Duffy at all but they are the sort of quality that you are not worried about stepping onto the pitch.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You never feel worried with our CB back up, you know BFG and Goldson will do a job. I don't rate them above Duffy at all but they are the sort of quality that you are not worried about stepping onto the pitch.

This is the Albion we're talking about, there's a rubbish bin at Lancing who could be coached into a Premier League centre back.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
he's one of the best back up defenders you could ask for at a lower mid table ish club. would go straight into Bournemouth and Palarse's first 11, arguably Swansea/Hudds as well

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Another BFG fan here, the depth that he and Goldson provide in the centre will be vital as the season goes on.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I listened to the commentary on an Everton website and they kept referring to him as - and heres the phonetics version of it. ''Hoonnin-hymer'' - They were brilliant to listen to. Brilliant but confusing. Kept saying how much better a side Everton were then followed it by ''we are getting torn apart down this right hand side by Bruno and Knockeart.. I'm thinking which one is it ?

Remind me not to go to any hotels they comment on because I don't think they know what the **** they are talking about. I was totally confused about who was even playing by the end of it

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Hm. I like him, but I remember his display at Brentford last season and the way Powell got in front of him to score for Wigan on Easter Monday and make the last five minutes more uncomfortable than they needed to be. As backups go he's pretty good, but I can't say I'm not worried by Duffy's injury. At least Andy Carroll won't be playing next Friday.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hm. I like him, but I remember his display at Brentford last season and the way Powell got in front of him to score for Wigan on Easter Monday and make the last five minutes more uncomfortable than they needed to be. As backups go he's pretty good, but I can't say I'm not worried by Duffy's injury. At least Andy Carroll won't be playing next Friday.

TBF nobody tracked Powell and equally you could argue that Dunk was out of position, think you’re being a little harsh.

Can’t argue Brentford away though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
The back 4 and reserve defenders are the strongest part of this team. As long as we can get goals, they’re good enough to keep them out. Also Ryan is staring to come good now. Certainly growing in confidence by the game

Agreed but I think our wingers are also a strength- Solly and Knockers with Izerqueero off the bench

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If, as expected Shane Duffy is out for a few games it will give him the opportunity stake a claim for a start if and when Dunk goes to either Arsenal or Liverpool in January,.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here