Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glen Murray

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
**** me he was woeful today. Perhaps the injury is still playing on him, but he did his best to halt every attack we had today. Painfully slow, offside more than Elvis Manu, kept giving fouls away (In fairness Oliver was giving everything against him). Team did welll overall despite him, though I'm very much looking forward to having Tomer back up front.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Not being there and only getting the impression on STV.
What did GM not didn't/do today?

I was watching on tv. He had a shocker - offside a lot of the time and very poor first touch. I was genuinely surprised he did not get taken off earlier.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Only positive is that maybe the Tomer knockers will shut up for a while.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I understand how these 'fans' feel. I mean, he's paid well to be able to be totally match fit after such a lay off as he's had. Fancy being caught offside so many times against such inexperienced premier league players as Jagielka, Keane Baines and the youngster Holgate?

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
One day people will realize it takes a few games to get up to speed

Absolutely true, you just have to look at our new signings, taking a couple of games to become more and more influential. Agreed Murray would improve with games, just pointing out his lack of sharpness at present, and truthfully I prefer Tomer up front in the Premier League. I think he's got more of the right attributes than Muz.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Clearly not at his best, but he wasn't that bad IMO, made a few important and good touches and didn't feck up completely.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
He's too isolated on his own. He needs someone playing off his shoulder. Murray's strengths are winning balls in the air and laying off on running centre-forwards. Gross looks more of a midfielder than a forward. We need pace alongside Murray to get the best out of him.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He was very poor I thought, but clearly not match fit and won some flick on's in the second half which no one was challenging for. Would try Izzy Brown up top against West Ham imo but don't write Murray off after one bad performance.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
It was a poor performance from Murray, We'd have done better with a snail today at least it wouldn't have given so many balls away.

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
Watched on TV (and yes, despite not living here anymore I am in Bangalore) thought he did ok to be honest. Not sure what people expect of him.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here