Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Austrian election today - forecast of large gains for far-right.

larus

There’s a clear trend occurring in European elections. Nationalism is getting stronger in many countries as we’ve seen the rise of UKIP (which resulted in Brexit), FN in France, AfD in Germany, Five Star in Italy and the Freedom Party in Austria. The Freedom Prty nearly won the presidency are are forecast to be the second party in the Austrian parliament.

So, what’s the root cause to this? This isn’t just a one-off issue In one country. This is a growing problem and, IMO, the root cause is immigration and the EU. The terror attacks we are seeing across Europe have fuelled this resentment and the dictatorial attitude of the unelected EU elite is alienating the general population.

I despise the EU, think immigration should be controlled better but I think this far-right rise is a worrying trend.

Going to be interesting how this plays out in Austria - also as it’s still far from ‘Strong & Stable” in Germany at the moment unlike the announcements from our German friend :lol:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The rise in far right is a worrying trend eh :lolol:

I'm more worried about the endless Islamic attacks

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
The rise in far right is a worrying trend eh :lolol:

I'm more worried about the endless Islamic attacks

It is possible to be concerned about more than one threat. Especially when one group feeds off the fear of the other.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It is possible to be concerned about more than one threat. Especially when one group feeds off the fear of the other.

Yes of course silly me. The far right is a serious problem as the media would have you to believe. It's up there with the hundreds of people who have been slain through Islam..

heathgate

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 13, 2015
It's simply a reaction to the slow erosion of national identity across the EU... to a proportion of society, having a clear national identity along with associated traditions and way of life is very important.

This continents political direction of travel since the war, has been to dilute the importance of that component in the lives of Europeans, whilst at the same time making extreme efforts to accommodate the traditions of the non European cultures and lifestyles of those making Europe their home. This contradiction has created the rise of 'right of centre' political movements in many countries.

IMHO

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

larus

It's simply a reaction to the slow erosion of national identity across the EU... to a proportion of society, having a clear national identity along with associated traditions and way of life is very important.

This continents political direction of travel since the war, has been to dilute the importance of that component in the lives of Europeans, whilst at the same time making extreme efforts to accommodate the traditions of the non European cultures and lifestyles of those making Europe their home. This contradiction has created the rise of 'right of centre' political movements in many countries.

IMHO

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I agree, although we’re not allowed to express such thoughts as we get branded racist. The EU has a lot to be blamed for. It should be a free-trade zone and some over-seeing bodies to harmonise regulations, but it has evolved into much more and this has mainly been by stealth. Little incremental steps which are in themselves nothing major, but always on the path to the ultimate goal of a nation/federation. Look at discussions regarding a European army, fiscal union etc.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If there is one country where the extreme right should succeed it is Austria. They've a historic predisposition to ultra-conservatism

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There’s a clear trend occurring in European elections. Nationalism is getting stronger in many countries as we’ve seen the rise of UKIP (which resulted in Brexit), FN in France, AfD in Germany, Five Star in Italy and the Freedom Party in Austria. The Freedom Prty nearly won the presidency are are forecast to be the second party in the Austrian parliament.

So, what’s the root cause to this? This isn’t just a one-off issue In one country. This is a growing problem and, IMO, the root cause is immigration and the EU. The terror attacks we are seeing across Europe have fuelled this resentment and the dictatorial attitude of the unelected EU elite is alienating the general population.

I despise the EU, think immigration should be controlled better but I think this far-right rise is a worrying trend.

Going to be interesting how this plays out in Austria - also as it’s still far from ‘Strong & Stable” in Germany at the moment unlike the announcements from our German friend [emoji38]

The cause is Putin and his FSB funding and facilitating movements to attack western democracies as part of his hybrid war against us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here