Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Still under the radar.

Screenshot from 2017-10-15 18-32-11.png

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Another positive is Izquierdo, i thought he looked really good when he came on.

Completely agree. He terrified their RB with his pace and cutting in and shooting. Also played a couple of lovely cushioned passes from difficult balls. Looks a player. Nailed on he will score a worldy from 30 yards before too long.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
He keeps starting the threads too late. I've left the house by the time they're on here. Hence we haven't won recently. I have it all ready to go too!

I have to start the threads late just in case [MENTION=28453]TomandJerry[/MENTION] wants to have a go. Why don't you try and start one? I know that I single-handedly got us promoted but I don't mind if someone else has a try.

In fact I wish somebody would! Who's up for it?

Last edited:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Completely agree. He terrified their RB with his pace and cutting in and shooting. Also played a couple of lovely cushioned passes from difficult balls. Looks a player. Nailed on he will score a worldy from 30 yards before too long.
One thing that I liked from Jose, and it was one of the first things he did after coming on, was the instinctive run he made in behind the Everton backline, allowing Propper to (almost) play him in with a pass inside the full back. Reminded me of the type of run Buckley used to make where he'd end up through on goal. Our other wingers don't really offer that same kind of movement off the ball so I think he could prove pretty useful in stretching defences in the latter stages of games, in the absence of Baldock (or anyone even remotely similar).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One thing that I liked from Jose, and it was one of the first things he did after coming on, was the instinctive run he made in behind the Everton backline, allowing Propper to (almost) play him in with a pass inside the full back. Reminded me of the type of Buckley used to make where he'd end of through on goal. Our other wingers don't really offer that same kind of movement off the ball so I think he could prove useful in stretching defences in the latter stages of games, in the absence of Baldock (or anyone even remotely similar).

Spot on, we were saying exactly the same. Made a few Baldock-type runs. Seems to have a good footballing brain, and he properly rapid and not afraid to let fly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that it was a game that we slightly edged but I think a draw was a fair result as neither side did enough for me to warrant a win. I was very impressed with Evertons back line and the way they stood their ground rather than retreat at every free kick and play GM onside..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did anybody else notice that when we kicked off the 2nd half our formation was 5 on the half way line then 3 behind then and 2 behind them and it reminded of my young days at football. It soon changed to a distinct 4-4-2

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love the little flashbacks I get throughout the evening.

I've just had a little chuckle about the pass by Propper (?) down to the NW corner.
Plenty of people groaned as Solly seemed to decide it was a non-starter.
Then Solly had a change of heart, roasted their right back to the ball, before putting in a half decent cross.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I love the little flashbacks I get throughout the evening.

I've just had a little chuckle about the pass by Propper (?) down to the NW corner.
Plenty of people groaned as Solly seemed to decide it was a non-starter.
Then Solly had a change of heart, roasted their right back to the ball, before putting in a half decent cross.

It hit Solly (or he got a touch on it) and he thought it was going out......then realised it wasn’t.........

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When the little club should never wear the same boots as the big club, bunch of wankers...

Make no mistake lads, decisions did go against us. They should have had a man sent off after that foul on Gueye and we should have had a pen for the pull in Sigurdsson.... but that is not the point. We were playing an incredibly poor team today and make them look so, so better than what they are.

Worrying stuff, even more so that it took Koeman so long to make obvious changes again.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/brighton-v-everton-sunday-15th-october-13-30.99577/page-118

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can't read anymore of that shit, it makes Middlesbrough and Sheff Weds look truly humble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here