PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Sunday 15th October 2017
Kick-off: 13:30 BST
Referee: Michael Oliver
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Stuart Burt
Fourth official: Chris Kavanagh

TEAM NEWS

Brighton midfielder Davy Propper is fit despite a minor hip problem that caused him to miss the Netherlands' win against Sweden on Tuesday.

Tomer Hemed is banned, while Sam Baldock and Beram Kayal are long-term absentees, though both could make their comebacks for the under-23s on Monday.

Everton captain Phil Jagielka is ready to return from a hamstring problem.

The defender, who has missed the Toffees' last four league and cup games, could replace Ashley Williams.

Yannick Bolasie, Ross Barkley, Seamus Coleman, Aaron Lennon and Ramiro Funes Mori continue their rehabilitation following lengthy lay-offs.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Jonathan Pearce: Brighton have been thanking the Netherlands this week but they can't afford to "go Dutch" by sharing the points.

Crucial midfielder Davy Propper was rested by Holland to recover from a hip injury in time for this. His fitness is a major boost as the Seagulls look for a third home win on the spin. The Amex Stadium will hold the key to their survival.

The Toffees are without an away league win in 11 games but if Brighton think this is an easy time to face them, they could be in for a rude awakening. Tom Davies and Nikola Vlasic were in terrific under-21 form this week.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton: "Any team, particularly a top team that have spent well, there is always pressure on managers. But he [Ronald Koeman] is an outstanding manager and is big enough to cope with any pressure coming his way.

"Is it a good time to play them? No. You have to look at the team and the players you are playing against.

"They've played four of the big teams in seven games and probably not started as they would have liked to.

"But with all good players and good teams they will turn it around - so if anything I look at it the other way round."

Everton manager Ronald Koeman, asked if he wants to be the next Netherlands coach: "No. I'm not surprised that they [the Dutch media] put my name in because they did the same some years ago.

"But I'm Everton manager and that's the important thing and nothing else.

"The future is not realistic now. We have other business to do at Everton. We need to win and we need to change our situation and our position in the table and that starts on Sunday. That's the priority for me for the long term."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton have won just one of the eight league meetings (D3, L4). That victory came at the Goldstone Ground in February 1982, when Tony Grealish, Gerry Ryan and Steve Foster scored in a 3-1 win.
    [*=left]The most recent competitive encounter was a top-flight game on 9 April 1983, with Kevin Sheedy scoring both goals in a 2-1 away win for Everton.

Brighton

• [*=left]Victory would ensure Brighton equal their top-flight record of three consecutive home wins - a feat they last managed in September 1982.
    [*=left]Four of Brighton's five's Premier League goals have been scored at the Amex Stadium, with six of their seven points also won at home.
    [*=left]Pascal Gross has been involved in all but one of the Seagulls' league goals this term, providing two goals and two assists.
    [*=left]Gross has also created 15 goalscoring chances - eight more than any other Brighton player.

Everton

• [*=left]Everton are winless in 11 Premier League away games since beating Crystal Palace on 21 January.
    [*=left]The Toffees have only scored six goals in their last 12 league matches, failing to score on seven occasions.
    [*=left]They have registered 17 shots on target in their first seven top-flight games this term - just two more than the individual tally of former Evertonian Romelu Lukaku (now at Manchester United).
    [*=left]Ronald Koeman has won 18.2% of his Premier League away games as Everton manager (W4, D7, L11) compared to 36.8% at previous club Southampton (W14, D8, L16).
    [*=left]Idrissa Gueye has made 161 tackles in the Premier League since the start of last season, more than any other player prior to the latest round of matches.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Duffy will score today, even more so now as I'll not be doing my usual 'Duffy will score today' bet.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
2-0

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I had a dream last night and I saw 1 - 0 Albion, Pascal Gross. Match wasn't over at that point though. I was at an Easter Sunday church service and it was on a big screen, then a massive fight broke out. Seems legit.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Actually..
5387e31aa6f7919f6096dfcf1e5dff5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here