Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Our fans are doing us proud. Sounds really good watching on tv here in LA!

First time I've watched a home game on TV for ages as usually there but oh my word how constantly loud does that soiund?! Don't think I've heard a home crowd like it for years in a normal prem game - I'm biased but... amazing!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Agreed, although I wish he'd stop referring to our striker as Glenn Merry.

Yes, wtf is that about?

Good to see us playing with confidence. Other than that, bit dull.

Much better as the half wore on as our shape gradually squeezed them much more efficiently - problem remains our lack of offensive runs from midfield -weird that Dunk threatens more in that regard than Stephens Propper and Gross do. Kayal needed back

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Take a point ?

No.
When we are at home against a side totally lacking in confidence, and they are today, we should be doing better than we are at the moment, Chris has said most of our points will come from our home games.
If this match continues in the same way then it fills me with dread for the rest of the season unless we can hold on until January and sign 2 players that create and score goals.
OK West Brom and Newcastle were good but we still seem to play with nerves and the handbrake half on.
If Everton sneak one we could be in trouble, if we do score, please dont defend the lead, which we will.
I know Hemed is missing but we really need to attack with pace and put them under pressure 2nd half.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Everton are there for the taking. We just need to believe in ourselves.

This is the thing. We seem to lack in belief when it comes to our attacking options. Defensively we are sound but we seem unsure going forward. When we turned to screw against West Brom it was a delight but the times we have done that this season have been limited.

time to give Propper a chance up front? Hes done pretty well for Netherlands there....Take Murray off push Propper up and bring on Mena to provide the pace...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Murray is fine up front...we simply need to be pushing an extra 20 yards up the pitch. He’s isolated.

Push them back, get some midfielders around Glen and score a goal. It’s not rocket science. Too much respect for this Everton team, time to get on the front foot be confident and aggressive.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Fair enough. When has anyone ever called him Mena though?

Other than [MENTION=5157]giveusfalmerplease[/MENTION], I don't think anyone has - assuming it works the same for Colombians as Spaniards, Mena is his mother's maiden name.

I guess he also used to refer to our former manager as Oscar Junyent, or refers to our captain as Bruno Grau.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here