Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] I'm keeping hold of a number of circa 1983 one pound coins. And I'll tell you why....

D

Deleted User X18H

...this insistence that we get rid means that coin collectors will pay a pretty penny for these in 10 or so years.

Certainly more than 100 pennies.

I have a very wide 'Royal Mint Tercentenary' £2 coin. I don't mind telling you.

I can put a picture up if you like.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
...however if a user starts a new thread about themselves that is designed to invite derision, that's an entirely different matter.

Fungus

May 21, 2004
Truro
I've still got my steak and ale pie from our first Amex match against Doncaster - a few green bits but still looking good. Any offers?

No, everyone's got one - even the charity shop wouldn't take mine.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Uhm. I imagine collectors already own some pound coins. Try flogging them down the line and you'll get original mint cost. If you haven't got a stack of the fake ones.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Uhm. I imagine collectors already own some pound coins. Try flogging them down the line and you'll get original mint cost. If you haven't got a stack of the fake ones.

Collect all the various designs, 24 in all. They already go for £50 plus on Ebay (if you're lucky)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have a very wide Mint I don't mind telling you.

I can put a picture up if you like.

main-qimg-57c038228e183a1a8d7dbc61ffc8dd53-c.jpg

Here's mine HBB :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...this insistence that we get rid means that coin collectors will pay a pretty penny for these in 10 or so years.

Certainly more than 100 pennies.

if you have very good condition (i.e. mint condition) from early years they might be worth something. the "capital cities" series (which i cant say i ever saw) are worth something as are a few of the other intersting designs. generally though you'll have to wait a lot longer than 10 years for these to be worth anything significant. example, a Victorian crown in good condition is worth around £20, which has about £12 of actual silver (though one in "fine" condition will be worth double).

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
500 million still in circulation according to LBC the other morning, yep they'll be worth a small fortune. :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here