Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Supporter Services

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have just called both the 0844 and the 0344 numbers to ask if the 25 buses will be running up Village Way tomorrow or like the game against Newcastle the road taken up with Seagull travel coaches parked all up the road but was told by recorded message that the offices were closed and then gave the opening times as 10am to 3.00pm on non matchday Saturdays this was at 1.43pm. I tried B & H buses and they couldnt give me an answer as they had heard nothing about any changes and didnt know that the road was closed for buses for Newcastle.

Does anybody on here know if this arrangement is for every home game or just a one off last game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All I wanted was a yes or no answer in order to decide how to get to the ground. B & H Buses were very helpful, I dont think. Their answer was ask a steward when you get there but that doesnt help me going to the game. I prefer to get the 25 and get off at The Amex but if I have to get off at the uni or go by train I will need to leave earlier to make the walk and stop for a break.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
My guess it will miss out the Amex stop and just go up to the next one at Brighton uni

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
All I wanted was a yes or no answer in order to decide how to get to the ground. B & H Buses were very helpful, I dont think. Their answer was ask a steward when you get there but that doesnt help me going to the game. I prefer to get the 25 and get off at The Amex but if I have to get off at the uni or go by train I will need to leave earlier to make the walk and stop for a break.

Many thanks for flagging this up. I know you are aware of my pre-match routine anyway, but like you l travel to Village Way on the good old 25. I missed the Newcastle game so had no idea that Village Way was closed to buses. Be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My guess it will miss out the Amex stop and just go up to the next one at Brighton uni

Well that will be no hardship. I'll simply get off there and walk down the ramp to the back of the West Stand. Thinking about it that's probably closer to my seat than getting off at the Amex stop anyway!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

For Newcastle the buses did not use Village way either going or coming back from about 2.00 until 7.30 when it was a 4.00pm kick off. Both sides of the road were taken up with parked Seagull Special coaches so if that happens tomorrow you will not be able to get off at Brighton Uni and walk down as the bus will go from Falmer Village straight to Falmer station as per the 25X route. I would think it will be the same for the 23 etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My annoyance is the fact that I phoned during the advertised hours and got a recorded message saying they were closed 1hour 15 mins before their advertised closing times and also confirming the opening hours

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
My annoyance is the fact that I phoned during the advertised hours and got a recorded message saying they were closed 1hour 15 mins before their advertised closing times and also confirming the opening hours

Did you not think it might be benificial to call during office hours Monday to Friday?
Nothing like leaving it till the last minute.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did you not think it might be benificial to call during office hours Monday to Friday?
Nothing like leaving it till the last minute.

Why when I only thought about how I was going to get to the game at lunch time and checked buses trains etc and also KNEW the office should still be open if there was a problem and still 24 hours before the game. Things may have changed since Friday with any incidents etc.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Maybe when the game is a Sunday instead of a Saturday, the Supporters Services are open on Sundays.
I expect staff have one day off a week

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
That is not what the recorded message said. It most categorically stated Saturday non match days 10am to 3.00pm so should have been open and attended.

Not that it helps you, but they were open earlier. I had reason to call as my West Ham tickets haven't arrived and got through fine around 11am.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously they closed early but that is not much help to me. I must admit I was surprised with the answer from B & H Buses as I rang them first expecting them to know.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
From pre match brief:

"no pick ups and drop offs along Village Way"

The pre match briefs for Newcastle game and Everton have exact same wording on above

So as a guess my guess would be answer is no won't stop same as didn't stop at Newcastle game

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here