Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we show some respect for Wayne Rooney?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ok in the first film the second was a poor effort. The donkey was the star though.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It was his elbow 'on' the pitch that cost us, his punditry is just an annoyance. However, seems odd that you make reference to my comment about Shearer's off field activities yet isn't that what most people don't like about Rooney!!!

To be honest I really couldn't care less about Rooney's off field antics ( except drink driving is pretty despicable ). I just never got the feeling he gave a toss about having an England shirt and his antics in South Africa kind of confirmed that.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I totally agree, I'll be bringing my nan along just for him.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think Beckham is one of the most overrated players ever to pull on an England shirt and he cost us more than one important match. He struck a dead ball pretty well, but that's about it. James Ward-Prowse with a better haircut.

Skill wise you might be right - his effort and attitude ( barring the red card ) second to none. I'd rather have a less skillful player in the side that wants to play and drives the team forward than a player that thinks he deserves to play ( Rooney ) and might be a better player any day.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not sure why fat Rooney was even mentioned considering he has zero relevance to us :)

Must be a closet united fan who still loves Wayne :lolol::lolol:!

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
After the 17th time of attempting and failing to get past our defence I will be joining in with a loud and resounding "WHO" as he is substituted

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I think Beckham is one of the most overrated players ever to pull on an England shirt and he cost us more than one important match. He struck a dead ball pretty well, but that's about it. James Ward-Prowse with a better haircut.

What he said!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rooney. Meh!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Well i love Wayne and so does whoever was laying in between Wayne and Ronald

gif-ronaldo-rooney.gif

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Totally this. I view it more as how far we have come as a club that we are involved in a league game against a team that has a player as famous as Rooney in the opposition line up. Beyond that I will be focusing upon us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I view it as how far we've come that we're playing a Prem game against a side with Wayne Rooney in and we're genuinely looking at winning the game.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I just don't get why people want to boo or abuse opposition players just for the sake of it. It seems so utterly pointless.

He couldn't care less whether he's booed or not, nor could his teammates and, more importantly, nor could our team.

Personally I rather get behind our team and ignore the opposition, regardless of who's playing for them.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Respect for Rooney ??? Give it a rest
I shall be abusing him from the first minute
Yes he has the record for England goals scored but most of these have been in qualifying for tournaments or friendlies and are against poor sides.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Respect for Wayne Rooney? Sake! That's one strictly for the football tourists, of whom there will be more than a few out tomorrow.

Respect is due from opposition fans IMHO only where there's SOME sort of level of connection between the two parties. Jermain Defoe's return to Spurs with Bournemouth today, for example.

So, to sum up: Rooney can go f*ck himself. Or Your Nan.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Respect for Rooney ??? Give it a rest
I shall be abusing him from the first minute
Yes he has the record for England goals scored but most of these have been in qualifying for tournaments or friendlies and are against poor sides.

This gets banded around a lot - but they played against shite sides and friendlies back then as well. Charlton scored 32 (nearly 75%) of his goals in friendlies.

This article is a bit old but still - https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...charlton-whos-got-best-england-scoring-record

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here