This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tuesday not Thursday.

5th Dec 2000

LDV Vans Trophy 1st round - southern section

Brighton 2 Cardiff 0
    Johnson (13)
    Cullip (20)

Referee Mike North
    Different match. We did play Cardiff in the LDV Vans Trophy but we also played them in the league. We beat them 1-0 at Withdean in the league in 2000-01 and 2001-02. Zamora scored in both. I remember both games well but I can’t recall why it was on a Thursday, unless it was something to do with the fact we also lost 4-0 at Brentford on a Thursday at around the same time.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Minister of Information

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hove born&bred View Post
      And why ?
      We didn't play them on a Thursday evening that year.

We played them on a Thursday in January 2002.
      I've lost my way. If anyone should find it, do return it quickly. I should imagine it quite rusty by now.

0 Not allowed!
      Wasn't it the 1-0, Zamora penalty, train tunnel end, pouring rain game? Graham Kavanagh(?) ran the game for them and yet Cardiff didn't look like scoring.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      We didn't play them on a Thursday evening that year.

We played them on a Thursday in January 2002.
      I didn’t notice the mistake in the OP but you’re definitely right. The 00/01 game was on a Saturday in the rain. We scored early and then Cardiff battered us but couldn’t score. That was a big game. It was the 01/02 game that was on a Thursday, also in the rain I think, but not as much rain as the Tranmere home game we won a couple of weeks later.
      Minister of Information

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Complete Badger View Post
      I didn’t notice the mistake in the OP but you’re definitely right. The 00/01 game was on a Saturday in the rain. We scored early and then Cardiff battered us but couldn’t score. That was a big game. It was the 01/02 game that was on a Thursday, also in the rain I think, but not as much rain as the Tranmere home game we won a couple of weeks later.
      The Tranmere Rovers game was the following Tuesday. So it may have been that there was something going on that Saturday.
      I've lost my way. If anyone should find it, do return it quickly. I should imagine it quite rusty by now.

0 Not allowed!
      Guesswork on my part. Saturday game cancelled due to International call ups.
      Earliest rearrangement clashed with the athletics club, hence it was moved to the Thursday.

0 Not allowed!
      I went to the "beamback" at Ninian Park to watch it. I didn't cheer when Zamora scored the winner....not outwardly anyway.

The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Was the times of Zamora vs Earnshaw. Kavanagh was one of the best players I saw at withdean. he also bossed the matches against Wigan (and Stoke)
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did

0 Not allowed!
      From the Argus on December 20 2001 - Taylor plans signing

.... A win will take the Seagulls back to the top of the table after Stoke were held 1-1 at home by Cardiff last night. Daniel Gabbidon's 81st-minute own goal gave the Potters the lead but Dean Gordon replied three minutes later.

The match was brought forward from Saturday to minimise the threat of crowd trouble.

Albion have defended the decision to follow suit by advancing the Withdean clash against Cardiff from Saturday February 2 to Thursday January 31.

Richard Hebberd, the club's safety officer, said: "Following Brighton's game at Cardiff there was concern that a small minority might use the fixture in February as an excuse to cause trouble.

"After consultation between Albion, Cardiff, the Football League and police it was decided to bring the game forward to reduce the risk of any problems."
      Brighton and Hove Albion Squad Contract Durations 2016-17

Albion U-18s: A Review of the 2016-17 Season

Albion U-23s: Review of the Season - 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
      I think, but I may be wrong, that it is the cleverest quip I've ever seen on NSC.

1 Not allowed!
      Zamora broke through and slid it under Mark Walton - I’ll dig out the video of it tomorrow, but we wore the centenary kit, and it was at the ‘Hammer Net’ end of the ground.
      Part of the fantastic REMF Winning team of 2013.
      "on the stroke of half-time it took a world class save from Greening to deny McGoldrick."