Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Strachen Leaves

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Awful tactician reckon Hughton would of got the result they needed in that last game, Once ahead he would of packed the middle of the park ...

... having taken off a striker and invited the opposition to attack them for 20 minutes... [emoji3]

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He did ok with what he had and I always looked forward to his interviews as they were usually quite amusing, rather like Ranieri.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Will they go down the foreign route for a manager, like England did a while back.
Get rid of the old guard and give the youth a chance.

Gut feeling - if you're not qualified to play for the team, you shouldn't be allowed to manage it. Not thought it through, though

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Strachan did pretty well. I'm surprised they don't play Ritchie more, but that's nit picking.
They lack a genuine world class player like bale for wales, Duffy for the republic or Ollie Norwood for Northern Ireland.
Bottom line - It doesn't matter who the Scotland manager is, the players are not good enough .

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Awful tactician reckon Hughton would of got the result they needed in that last game, Once ahead he would of packed the middle of the park they were getting over run in the midfield second half.

You know him well.

I am glad Strachan has gone. Maybe the new Manager will give Jamie Murphy a run in the team. He can't do any worse than James Forrest did during the campaign

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It has always surprised me that at no time was Souness considered for the job, but a bit old now.

I'm not sure age is much to do with it – more being a shite manager and falling out with players, coaches, officials and/or the hierachy of almost EVERY club he ever managed...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here