Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] I'm thinking of buying a Camera Drone - advice needed

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Well I got one for Jnr and surprisingly I have a free afternoon to play with his:-

VISUO XS809HW

First impressions of the TOY, is it's fantastic. (but then again I am lost in the 21st century! )

Heeding all the advise I nearly spent £100 ish, all in, on something recommended from Drones Direct, fortunately they were having card issues so I went elsewhere, China in fact.

This cost under £45, which means adding some extra blades, batteries & protectors the whole thing came in at a smidge over £50.

Set up and controls were easy and straight forward, most definitely will be water off a ducks back to a 14 year old.
The picture quality is great.
It seems solid enough even after a couple 'test' crashes.

Sadly I'll hazard a guess this review has come too late for this Christmas, it arrived here just 3 weeks after ordering, but I can certainly see him and his mates having great fun with this in the park.
(While trying to ignore the possibility of what can happen when giving teenage boys a flying camera!)
Just purchased this model as well. For the kids obviously.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just purchased this model as well. For the kids obviously.

I got 3 extra batteries and replacement blades from other suppliers.
So he'll have 4 batteries, 40 mins flight time, 3 replacement blades and 1 set of replacement protectors.

As said the whole kit for just over £50 is seriously impressive.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I got 3 extra batteries and replacement blades from other suppliers.
So he'll have 4 batteries, 40 mins flight time, 3 replacement blades and 1 set of replacement protectors.

As said the whole kit for just over £50 is seriously impressive.

Yes, i think mine was £60 all in with extra batteries, blades protectors and delivery from USA. Really good price and i think he (i) will love it. :)

We sell properties in Extremadura, a very beautiful and rural part of Spain, and I am considering buying a drone to film country properties.

I don't want anything cheap and nasty that is going to fall to bits, nor do I want something top of the range. Just something that can take video good enough for potential buyers to get an idea of the layout of a property.

Roughly how much do you think I should allow for this and is Amazon a good place to buy one?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here