Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Harvey Weinstein

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Funny how a number of actresses/models on the way up in their careers said and did nothing at the time.

It's not funny at all. Weinstein had all the power in Hollywood. God knows, women of a certain age have a hard enough time finding decent roles but when you risk your entire career by trying to out one of Hollywood's biggest players, I think it's perfectly understandable to keep quiet. Remember that a few years ago, the New York Times threatened to expose him and Affleck, Damon and Russell Crowe put huge pressure on the paper to block it. That's the power of this man.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Funny how a number of actresses/models on the way up in their careers said and did nothing at the time. Now that Weinstein's influence has waned and their careers have strengthened, all of sudden there is a rush to accuse.

Even some of the celebrity 'condemnation' we're seeing now is quite watered down and some of it borderline neutral, much of it praising the courage of the women who have come forward but not always commenting on Weinstein himself, which shows you how borderline 'impossible' it would have been for a 'mere' actress to have challenged him back in the day, such was his grip on the industry.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think serious questions need to be asked too of how and why Twitter suspended Rose McGowan's account. There is much, much worse posted every hour and with complete impunity.

I'll make a prediction that Weinstein's wife divorces him very soon and will be given control of all assets (see also Max Clifford).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I see that hero of the right Tim Montgomerie has surprisingly stepped in to defend the elderly white male. What a tosser. We wonder why Women don't come forward...

There should be tweet just below! "Maitlis interview of Emma Thompson was PR for latter. ET not pressed on what she’d done to tackle the abuse she claimed was everywhere"

[tweet]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/maitlis?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@maitlis</a> interview of Emma Thompson was PR for latter. ET not pressed on what she’d done to tackle the abuse she claimed was everywhere</p>— Tim Montgomerie ن (@montie) <a href="https://twitter.com/montie/status/918597392227880961?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">12 October 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tweet]

Someone I know knows TM quite well. He's a total ****ing mind numbing oxygen bandit, defender of the indefensible and then pretending he never defended it, and then pretending it isn't important kind of utter ****ing disgrace to the human genome, too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Part of the big pile of Hollywood dirt funding Hillary Clinton.

Even when I try my hardest to not tread on dogshit (read one of your posts) it sometimes happens by accident.

Eurgh!

Look, sweetheart, your hero, Trump, won. Its all OK now :kiss:

:wanker:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It looks like Tarantino is formulating a response to this . I can well imagine him being caught up in the shitstorm.

My that's a bold and potentially expensive post.

I do hope Mr Tarantino isn't an Everton fan checking out this weekends opponents. :lol: :jester:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Jane Fonda was interviewed and asked why she didn't speak up and she was forced to say she was a coward. It just shows the strength of power someone like HW wielded if someone as powerful and righteous as Fonda couldn't do it. It happens in all spheres of life and it's bad.

In my game there are numerous cheats (scientific frauds) and if people like me (insufficiently famous) say anything we are slapped down because we are 'jealous of the success' of the cheat. Things are changing but it takes time. The most successful abusers (in research and in any walk of life, cheats, sexual predators, whatever - often both) are conscience-free psychopaths who always forgive and justify themselves while they graze on people.

Anyone defending this (which includes throwing redherrings into the mix, like Hillary FFS) is naive (forgivable....for now) or guilty themselves. Or a looney.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Even when I try my hardest to not tread on dogshit (read one of your posts) it sometimes happens by accident.

Eurgh!

Look, sweetheart, your hero, Trump, won. Its all OK now :kiss:

:wanker:

You could put me on ignore snowflake so your feelings dont get hurt, It wont bother me, your posts are rarely worth a comment.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Graham Norton completely misjudges the moment with an unfunny pun about a man accused of rape to open his light entertainment chat show...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Graham Norton completely misjudges the moment with an unfunny pun about a man accused of rape to open his light entertainment chat show...

Agree. Beeb need to have a word. Idiocy trying to make a joke out of a Saville like story whilst unfolding. Will be apologising by next week for such crass embarrassing comment. Even if recorded night before the story sufficiently developed by then to be classified “not funny”. If HW gets through the weekend without being arrested and charged I’ll be frankly amazed given the mounting evidence. And not before time. Vile predatory sociopath. Shame on him and everyone who condoned his actions by their tacit support. Disgusting.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You could put me on ignore snowflake so your feelings dont get hurt, It wont bother me, your posts are rarely worth a comment.

Many thanks for this rare reply :ffsparr:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I see that hero of the right Tim Montgomerie has surprisingly stepped in to defend the elderly white male.

Cant see how pointing out the age and skin colour really adds anything to this sort of creepy sickness that is rife in this industry.
Pervert would have sufficed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here