Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 14/10 - 16/10

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's oh-so-quiet at the moment so time to look ahead to the weekend...

Saturday 14th
Liverpool v Manchester United (12:30)

Burnley v West Ham United
Crystal PaLLLLLLLace v Chelsea
Manchester City v Stoke City
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town
Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Bournemouth

Watford v Arsenal (17:30)

Sunday 15th
Albion v Everton (13:30)
Southampton v Newcastle United (16:00)

Monday 16th
Leicester City v West Bromwich Albion (20:00)

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 12.20.13.png
(Live table always here, BTW)

A real chance of moving up 2-3 places with a win. Nosebleed territory!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Good chance the teams below us will be picking up wins this weekend with the games they have.

Could easy see

Burnley v West Ham United - Away Win
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town - Home Win
Leicester City v West Bromwich Albion (20:00) - Home win

And a loss to Everton puts us 3rd bottom.

Any point a bonus.

Big weekend.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I can't imagine that Chelsea would want to be the first team to concede against PaLLLLLLLace, so they'll be tight at the back.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is it just me or does anyone else think Palace v Chelsea could be the game they finally win? To use the old cliche, it's got banana skin written all over it.

Agreed - I've long thought they'll get something from this game. Hopefully it's just a first goal, coming as a consolation as Chelsea get 3 or 4.

I see them as more likely to get something against Chelsea than I do up at Newcastle next weekend.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Agreed - I've long thought they'll get something from this game. Hopefully it's just a first goal, coming as a consolation as Chelsea get 3 or 4.

I see them as more likely to get something against Chelsea than I do up at Newcastle next weekend.

I agree with this. The way football goes though is that first decent result won't necessarily be a win. They may just lose 2-1 or something, then get a respectable draw up at Newcastle and then perhaps win at home against someone not very good. It's rare that their sort of run ends with a win, more of a gradual process of improvement.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Is it just me or does anyone else think Palace v Chelsea could be the game they finally win? To use the old cliche, it's got banana skin written all over it.

I'm going to say they'll win it comfortably, given my performance on score predictions so far this season that should nail Palace to the basement for another few weeks!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Good chance the teams below us will be picking up wins this weekend with the games they have.

Could easy see

Burnley v West Ham United - Away Win
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town - Home Win
Leicester City v West Bromwich Albion (20:00) - Home win

And a loss to Everton puts us 3rd bottom.

Any point a bonus.

Big weekend.

Shows how close it is and how important it is to keep getting points.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Shows how close it is and how important it is to keep getting points.

Huddersfield losing wouldn't be a bad thing though. Regression to the mean and all that. Either way both they and Swansea are very likely to be in the scrap until the end of the season. Everton, Leicester and West Ham less so.

Particularly Everton after we beat them, RK gets the sack and Big Sam rides in to the rescue (with a big January transfer kitty). :albion2:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Huddersfield losing wouldn't be a bad thing though. Regression to the mean and all that. Either way both they and Swansea are very likely to be in the scrap until the end of the season. Everton, Leicester and West Ham less so.

Particularly Everton after we beat them, RK gets the sack and Big Sam rides in to the rescue (with a big January transfer kitty). :albion2:

Or Everton sack Koeman and bring in Frank De Boer as his replacement.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011

That's been my way of thinking too, especially with Chelsea not being as great as they were last year. But with Hodgson in charge I honestly couldn't see them Palace getting a point in any game for the rest of the season. The man is an absolute dinosaur.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here