Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] 3 times a week......is the average

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

3 times a week the average brit eats out or orders in!

I am way below average and pleased about it, how about you?

How many times do you do it???

What do you eat?

Do you have a regular eating place?

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I would say that I'm bang on average, although two of those times are going out for a light lunch with work colleagues (every Tuesday and Friday).

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
We probably have a take away once every other week in our house. It’s usually Chinese or Indian.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Blimey.

We've had a bad few weeks with a few celebrations/get togethers/busy days where we have probably had 2 or 3 takeaways/meals out each week over the last 3. That is well up on our average and I have felt SO FAT and LETHARGIC from it.

I couldn't imagine that being my usual average. From a health or financial point of view.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
3 times a week the average brit eats out or orders in!

I am way below average and pleased about it, how about you?

How many times do you do it???

What do you eat?

Do you have a regular eating place?

Cook from scratch every day of the week.

Better half is enrolled at Slimming World (3 stone down, 2 more to go) and so has to watch what she eats. Therefore we all watch what we eat (would just be too hard for her otherwise - and too much work to cook two different meals).

We have always been pretty good at cooking ourselves rather than eating out but don't even have jars of sauce anymore... everything is made from the basic ingredients now.

We indulge for birthdays/anniversary/etc and then it will be Nandos (she can have the butterfly chicken) , Wagamama or Otello.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Once every 2 or 3 months for me. Which means someone else is eating out 3x a day to keep up the average. Wonder how some of these researchers get their data.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Often pop out for work lunches, does that count? Only spend less than a fiver on some sandwiches and a drink so not sure that counts towards what they are talking about.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Once every 2 or 3 months for me. Which means someone else is eating out 3x a day to keep up the average. Wonder how some of these researchers get their data.

From a sample of a few hundred or thousand people more than likely, which is in no way an accurate measure of the 66million living on this island.

D

Deleted member 2719

Often pop out for work lunches, does that count? Only spend less than a fiver on some sandwiches and a drink so not sure that counts towards what they are talking about.

I reckon it must be counting buying sandwiches etc, it really is big business in the uk now.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Once or twice a month we will have a curry from the shop. If it's my choice we go out for it but the Mrs/Boy prefer to have a takeaway.
Every few weeks we get fish and chips.
Pizza I can make better than any delivery (and certainly far better than the greasy shite served up by Dominos).
Once in a blue moon I will have a Chinese.
And through the summer months we will go out for lunch a couple of times a month.
So, like everyone else I am below average.

However....
We had a lad in court once who had put down an exact amount on his means form (something like £48.40 for food rather than the usual round amount). Curious I asked him how he could be so specific and he said he had a KFC for dinner and tea every day.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Cook from scratch every day of the week.

Better half is enrolled at Slimming World (3 stone down, 2 more to go) and so has to watch what she eats. Therefore we all watch what we eat (would just be too hard for her otherwise - and too much work to cook two different meals).

We have always been pretty good at cooking ourselves rather than eating out but don't even have jars of sauce anymore... everything is made from the basic ingredients now.

We indulge for birthdays/anniversary/etc and then it will be Nandos (she can have the butterfly chicken) , Wagamama or Otello.
We're similar. Well, I say we but it's my wife who cooks everything from scratch. She's a brilliant cook. Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Indian, Bulgarian etc. She's got about 100 recipe books. We eat well.

Still have the occasional take away but much less often than when we were younger.

Oh and **** Nando's btw, it's utter shite and massively overpriced.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tend to have a curry after every Brighton daytime game (all the home games, no time after Barnet) and aways (Leicester and Arsenal so far). Doubt I will have time after Swansea but you never know. :)

larus

Probably have a meal with friends 2 Fridays per month. Maybe get a takeaway once per month.

If away on business it's different as I will have to grab a sandwich or whatever from a supermarket and eat in the hotel.

For me it's not the money, it's purely health reasons - even though I'm not a great cook, I do cook simple, healthy food (most of the time) and I know that takeaways will often be high in fat/salt/sugar and lower quality ingredients.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Our eating out has diminished massively. I'm honestly struggling to recall when we last ate at a restaurant.

Takeaways are once every 3-4 weeks I'd guess and is generally a Thai with the occasional Indian.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
not clear really though is it - does a pie/burger at a game count? anyhow my best guess given these useless guidelines :) are

fast food - once a week
restaurant with family - once every 6 months
restaurant with work - once every 6 months.
takeaway - once a month

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here