Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Terrible IMHO as no restaurant does a Sunday roast as good as my wife so it is with very heavy heart that I buy one out due to kick off or other unusual circumstances
    If you avoid the carvery etc then I reckon you could find a really good Sunday Roast BG.

E.g. My stepmum lives round the corner from The Lion and Lobster and every time we've been there when visiting it's been superb. They even do proper Yorkshire puddings (and we live in Yorkshire).

I'm actually starving now thinking about it.....

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      What does living in Yorkshire mean as regards the puddings as they are a standard recipe and if made properly will always be the same any where in the country.My wifes always rise a lot and are very light. and her potatoes are soft and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside I am fortunate to have a wife that is such a good cook..

0 Not allowed!
      I don’t like eating curry’s out. Saturday night Ruby after a few pints and then unbutton that top button before falling asleep during the 2nd game on Match of the Day.
      So, many, many thanks and see you soon, because it’s not a goodbye, I know I will come back, I have to.

0 Not allowed!
      Maybe at the football I’ll buy sausage and chips. Otherwise, maybe once a month.

0 Not allowed!
      If it includes lunches I'd say I would be about once twice at a push

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Dominoes usually after a skinfull after the footy

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      Nibble@Wrong-Direction is one of the biggest idiots on this board.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by father_and_son View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Cook from scratch every day of the week.

Better half is enrolled at Slimming World (3 stone down, 2 more to go) and so has to watch what she eats. Therefore we all watch what we eat (would just be too hard for her otherwise - and too much work to cook two different meals).

We have always been pretty good at cooking ourselves rather than eating out but don't even have jars of sauce anymore... everything is made from the basic ingredients now.

We indulge for birthdays/anniversary/etc and then it will be Nandos (she can have the butterfly chicken) , Wagamama or Otello.
      My wife was going to slimming world about 1.5 years ago. Everything and I mean everything we ate was from scratch. Bloody loved the food and the time we spent together cooking. I think we need to do it again. The main thing I found was my poo changed drastically and for the better...

0 Not allowed!
      Eating out just seems like terrible value to me. How can anyone justify spending £20 or £30 just to feed themselves for one meal? Or even £10 on a takeaway on a regular basis? I really can’t say I enjoy it any more than eating at home and I always think the money could be so much better used on clothes, days out, things for the house etc. The only exception is when eating out is a social occasion, in which case I see the cost as the price of seeing friends/family. But if it’s just my wife and I, I’d rather buy food we both like to eat at home and enjoy it in the comfort of my own sofa in front of the TV. I reckon I eat out no more than four or five times a year and get a takeaway maybe twice a year.

0 Not allowed!
      It's getting cheaper to eat out than cook here now, there is huge competition with loads of international dishes to choose from.
      I would be interested to find out the number of food outlets compared to the population here in Perth, as they seem to be just about everywhere.
      If you pop into a shopping centre on the way home, you can get 2 x freshly cooked Oriental style dishes including rice for $5 as they can't keep it overnight, that's enough for 2 x people for 2.50 pounds, (sorry haven't got a pound symbol on keyboards here).
      My weekly grocery bill averages $300 a week, so I may do this more often to try and get it down.
      Last edited by OzMike; 13-10-2017 at 04:40.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I eat out usually 4 times a week. One lunch and one dinner during the week with mates, then lunch out with the mrs and kids Saturday and Sunday. Other than that the mrs makes all my meals and lunch box. The type of food will usually be something Asian, or will head to my mates diner for something like spare ribs, lamb shank, duck confit etc.