Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] 3 times a week......is the average

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
When you think a Domino Pizza delivery can be £30 for a couple of pizzas (*so I've been told ;-) ) and you can make them for less then a tenth of that.
I believe in Italy pizzas once upon a time was a budget meal for the poor. Your right Tim much better and miles cheaper home made. £30 is ridiculous considering you could cook a beautiful leg of lamb and all the trimmings for less.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Once a month I like to know what I'm eating, I'd rather spend my money on travel and watch the Albion

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When you think a Domino Pizza delivery can be £30 for a couple of pizzas (*so I've been told ;-) ) and you can make them for less then a tenth of that.

We used to get a Dominos from time to time and although we'd never pay their supposed full price, due to the numerous vouchers and discount codes floating about, it was still quite pricey. Now we just get one made at the pizza counter in Tesco. A 14 inch pizza with 4 toppings, and they'll throw on as many jalapenos as I ask for, is about £3.70.

Don't bring [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] into the conversation about pizza though.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
We have always been pretty good at cooking ourselves rather than eating out

I'd much rather get takeaway, if not eat out, than cook myself. When you cook yourself do you start out with warm water and then slowly let it heat to a boil? Or do you just jump into a tub of boiling water? Or I suppose you could lay out in the hot sun.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Only takeaways we have are maybe fish and chips perhaps 2 or 3 times a year.
We eat out when we are on holiday or sometimes on family birthdays or anniversaries.
Used to enjoy the usual Chinese and Indian takeaways when we were younger, but gave up when our constitutions became les robust/more discerning.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Friday Night was always Takeaway Night at Jakarta Towers to celebrate the end of the week but since Mrs J's retirement/illness we don't do it so often.

It helped that we have 3 really excellent takeaways (Chinese, Indian & Thai who are all proper sit down Restaurants as well) within a couple of miles of us.

As an aside the only decent Chippy in Storrington has closed so haven't had Fish & Chips for ages, it was always the only reason to go down to Littlehampton!

D

Deleted member 2719

Friday Night was always Takeaway Night at Jakarta Towers to celebrate the end of the week but since Mrs J's retirement/illness we don't do it so often.

It helped that we have 3 really excellent takeaways (Chinese, Indian & Thai who are all proper sit down Restaurants as well) within a couple of miles of us.

As an aside the only decent Chippy in Storrington has closed so haven't had Fish & Chips for ages, it was always the only reason to go down to Littlehampton!

Off topic, but can you jam those pelican crossing lights in Storrington on green permanently!:annoyed:

Please.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

When we had the pub in Midhurst we used to drive out every Tuesday to get a break and often stopped in Littlehampton at Oscars down near the harbour wall. It was very good then but havent been for many years now.,

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We ate out in La Galleria in Shoreham last night. Food okayish but the owner is a miserable shit.

We go to The Crab-shack in Worthing every now and again. Great food but small menu so doesn't bear regular dining there.

Into the blue here and there.

Tried the new reatuarant, Slate, in Shoreham the other night. It was ridiculously good food and service was tops.

Indian Cottage is also a favourite.

Rarely do takeaways.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We used to get a Dominos from time to time and although we'd never pay their supposed full price, due to the numerous vouchers and discount codes floating about, it was still quite pricey. Now we just get one made at the pizza counter in Tesco. A 14 inch pizza with 4 toppings, and they'll throw on as many jalapenos as I ask for, is about £3.70.

Don't bring [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] into the conversation about pizza though.

... and their still making a margin on that. You look at how many Deliveroo, Domino's, Pizza Hut bikes are wizzing about, someone's doing OK!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here