Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Often pop out for work lunches, does that count? Only spend less than a fiver on some sandwiches and a drink so not sure that counts towards what they are talking about.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by B-right-on View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Once every 2 or 3 months for me. Which means someone else is eating out 3x a day to keep up the average. Wonder how some of these researchers get their data.
      From a sample of a few hundred or thousand people more than likely, which is in no way an accurate measure of the 66million living on this island.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BNthree View Post
      Often pop out for work lunches, does that count? Only spend less than a fiver on some sandwiches and a drink so not sure that counts towards what they are talking about.
      I reckon it must be counting buying sandwiches etc, it really is big business in the uk now.
      A new revolution, Blooming marvellous scenes -
      Staring at the rude boys happypig's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Once or twice a month we will have a curry from the shop. If it's my choice we go out for it but the Mrs/Boy prefer to have a takeaway.
      Every few weeks we get fish and chips.
      Pizza I can make better than any delivery (and certainly far better than the greasy shite served up by Dominos).
      Once in a blue moon I will have a Chinese.
      And through the summer months we will go out for lunch a couple of times a month.
      So, like everyone else I am below average.

However....
      We had a lad in court once who had put down an exact amount on his means form (something like 48.40 for food rather than the usual round amount). Curious I asked him how he could be so specific and he said he had a KFC for dinner and tea every day.
      "Nibbled to death by an okapi..."
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by father_and_son View Post
      Cook from scratch every day of the week.

Better half is enrolled at Slimming World (3 stone down, 2 more to go) and so has to watch what she eats. Therefore we all watch what we eat (would just be too hard for her otherwise - and too much work to cook two different meals).

We have always been pretty good at cooking ourselves rather than eating out but don't even have jars of sauce anymore... everything is made from the basic ingredients now.

We indulge for birthdays/anniversary/etc and then it will be Nandos (she can have the butterfly chicken) , Wagamama or Otello.
      We're similar. Well, I say we but it's my wife who cooks everything from scratch. She's a brilliant cook. Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Indian, Bulgarian etc. She's got about 100 recipe books. We eat well.

Still have the occasional take away but much less often than when we were younger.

Oh and **** Nando's btw, it's utter shite and massively overpriced.

1 Not allowed!
      Hate Chinese now far to westernised just tastes of grease and cheap meat (or cat,rat,dog)??
      You make me

0 Not allowed!
      Tend to have a curry after every Brighton daytime game (all the home games, no time after Barnet) and aways (Leicester and Arsenal so far). Doubt I will have time after Swansea but you never know.
      "WINNERS FIND ANSWERS. PROMOTION CANDIDATES FIND THEIR SOLUTIONS. BRIGHTON HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER TONIGHT" Sky Sports commentator after Glen Murray scored 94th minute at Birmingham. 17.12.2016
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Probably have a meal with friends 2 Fridays per month. Maybe get a takeaway once per month.

If away on business it's different as I will have to grab a sandwich or whatever from a supermarket and eat in the hotel.

For me it's not the money, it's purely health reasons - even though I'm not a great cook, I do cook simple, healthy food (most of the time) and I know that takeaways will often be high in fat/salt/sugar and lower quality ingredients.

0 Not allowed!
      Our eating out has diminished massively. I'm honestly struggling to recall when we last ate at a restaurant.

Takeaways are once every 3-4 weeks I'd guess and is generally a Thai with the occasional Indian.
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      not clear really though is it - does a pie/burger at a game count? anyhow my best guess given these useless guidelines are

fast food - once a week
      restaurant with family - once every 6 months
      restaurant with work - once every 6 months.
      takeaway - once a month