Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Pot noodle

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I suppose a Pot Noodle is handy if you run out of food, and furniture, and carpets and gravel....

I had one at Deepdale on my birthday in 2002. They wouldn't put hot water in it because that was 'dangerous' - so it was a luke-warm soggy mess of cardboard like food (had to eat it, as we couldn't find a chippy). I then went almost 20 years before having another one last week that was given to me as part of a food-share deal (where the supermarkets give away stuff that's almost out-of-date). I won't mind if I go another 20 years before the next one.....

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I had never had one of these ever until last Thursday.
Not avoiding them, just something that I just hadn't done, or felt the need to do.
I was at a mates place having an after work beer and a game of pool, when the subject of what was for dinner cropped up.
I mentioned about the kids coming home at all times and filling themselves with these just add water noodle things.
My mate said 'pot noodles'.
I said yeah, but they are different brands from the local shops and are very cheap.
He is an expat as well and started going on about pot noodle being the best out of the lot.
When I commented on the fact that I had never had a 'noodle' snack of any kind ever he was in shock.
We have a place locally called Crazy Dons and they sell a lot of England produced groceries.
He goes there to stock up on his Golden Wonder pot noodles and pays much more for them than the Australian/Asian produced ones because he says, they are 10 times better.
I shrugged my shoulders, but after careful consideration, seeing as his stocks were getting low, he insisted that I had one.
He picked the chicken one for me as he says it is the best of them all.
As it was my first time he turned the kettle boiling, adding the water, stirring up and leaving it to stand for a bit into some kind of ritual.
I ate it and must say that it tasted ok, though wasn't big enough to make an impact.
He filmed the proceedings on his phone and I am sure it is on a Facebook page somewhere, though not doing Facebook myself I wouldn't know where to find it.
I don't feel the need to rush out and get more, but at least have had the experience, though it did take 60 years.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I had never had one of these ever until last Thursday.
Not avoiding them, just something that I just hadn't done, or felt the need to do.
I was at a mates place having an after work beer and a game of pool, when the subject of what was for dinner cropped up.
I mentioned about the kids coming home at all times and filling themselves with these just add water noodle things.
My mate said 'pot noodles'.
I said yeah, but they are different brands from the local shops and are very cheap.
He is an expat as well and started going on about pot noodle being the best out of the lot.
When I commented on the fact that I had never had a 'noodle' snack of any kind ever he was in shock.
We have a place locally called Crazy Dons and they sell a lot of England produced groceries.
He goes there to stock up on his Golden Wonder pot noodles and pays much more for them than the Australian/Asian produced ones because he says, they are 10 times better.
I shrugged my shoulders, but after careful consideration, seeing as his stocks were getting low, he insisted that I had one.
He picked the chicken one for me as he says it is the best of them all.
As it was my first time he turned the kettle boiling, adding the water, stirring up and leaving it to stand for a bit into some kind of ritual.
I ate it and must say that it tasted ok, though wasn't big enough to make an impact.
He filmed the proceedings on his phone and I am sure it is on a Facebook page somewhere, though not doing Facebook myself I wouldn't know where to find it.
I don't feel the need to rush out and get more, but at least have had the experience, though it did take 60 years.

Your mate is all kinds of wrong. The Asian ones are a million times better.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
They're crap. Mama Noodles all the way!

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
The yellow labelled ones “Original Curry” are the gold standard of fast food.... with an occasional Bombay Bad Boy to liven things up... ( should they not rename them as Mumbai something ?)

This. this and thrice this, I have these very two heavenly pots sitting in my larder daring me every time that larder door is opened. I am sorely tempted to have them both together in a large bowl AT THE SAME TIME! or is this just madness?

:mad::mad:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Asian ones are 100x better. Some of the Korean ones especially are the biggest gamble, but pay off can be huge. Find ones from other countries all very safe and better than back home.

Actual pot noodles are very much the McDonalds of noods. Sometimes they're just what you're craving and are safe, consistent and solid. But they're pretty artificial tasting even as instant noodles go! Oh and Beef n Tomato no.1

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Got me a Bombay Bad Boy in this week's shop as a direct result of this thread. First one in maybe 10 years. I will report back.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just had my first ever Bombay Badboy, not too shabby but still prefer either Beef & Tomato or Chicken & Mushroom

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Never had one but had a similar (?) Itsu product, I think?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't mind the odd Pot Noodle, fills a hole as they say, but to be honest l can't tell very much difference between any of the flavours, they all taste mush the same to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here