Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Pot noodle

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I much prefer Sweet & Sour to Chicken & Mushroom, but the absolute king for me was the Cheese and Tomato one. Unfortunately they stopped making them around 1985ish. b@stards!

A mate's mum used to buy cardboard trays of Cheese & Tomato ones (containing about 16 of them) because my group of friends at the time used to devour so many of them.

Jul 7, 2003
I like the Nissin Soba noodle pots. They come out a proper noodles rather than noodle soup as you drain the water out of special holes in the lid after three minutes. You then add a sauce which adds flavour.

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
I always preferred the Sweet & Sour until last week when I tried the new Korma flavour.

Oh my. It is so unbelievably creamy and tasty. I did pass on the mango chutney sachet - just had it on its own piled onto some flatbread.

I think you will find it superior to everything that has come before it. We have entered a new dawn in noodle based convenience snacks.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I haven't had a pot noodle for years, probably 20 but it was always a chicken and mushroom with a pack of smokey bacon walkers crisps after school.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Now this is the sort of shit I'm looking for.

Stick your added tofu to Asian noodles up your arse

Japan's pot noodles piss, shit, jizz, puke and flick bogeys over the pathetic British efforts. You wouldn't touch any of that British muck ever again once you'd gotten your laughing gear round one of these......

558401537.g_0-w_g.jpg

If you really call yourself a pot noodle connoisseur you should make a pilgrimage to the land where they were invented and sample the cutting edge of dehydrated snack based technology.

Last edited:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Hmmm the Japanese one looks good. But around here? It has to to be Curry (adding the sachet of course) An occasional Bombay Bad Boy blows the lid off your hunger.
If you are into fish, I recommend the cous cous steam pots that come with a small can of flavoured tuna..... :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not interested what your favourite variety is, everyone knows Chicken and Mushroom is the daddy.

Quite frankly, if you disagree with that you should be on some sort of register.

My question is, what do you add to them apart from the little sachet that comes with them?

What kind of saddo eats Pot Noodle in adulthood?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was lurking NSC whilst at work and have been inspired to buy a posh pot noodle for lunch... Kabuto Noodles and given it lashings of Encona hot pepper sauce, about to tuck in.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Never had one:moo:

I haven't either. It wasn't a thing I even thought about until I was about 20 and someone said "What?! You've NEVER had a Pot Noodle?".

So from then on I decided that I never would. Especially as whenever I've been near anyone eating one it's smelled like shite.

Had some Malaysian instant noodles that a bird I knew brought over from there once mind. I like spicy food / hot chilli sauce etc but they were almost inedible. Hotter than the sun. I forced them down as I fancied her (I was 15).

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I always preferred the Sweet & Sour until last week when I tried the new Korma flavour.

Oh my. It is so unbelievably creamy and tasty. I did pass on the mango chutney sachet - just had it on its own piled onto some flatbread.

I think you will find it superior to everything that has come before it. We have entered a new dawn in noodle based convenience snacks.

I am now gonna get me one of these bad boys!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here