Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Apple Launch

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've made thread prefixes mandatory now. This means when you create a new thread, you need to select which category it is.

View attachment 90113

If you think there is anything obvious missing from this, let me know and I'll add it.

The main reason for this is to allow people to quickly filter to the conversations they are interested in, using the filter at the top of the forum page. In many cases, this will be to find Albion-related threads and remove the rest of the stuff that they aren't interested in.

View attachment 90115

I know some will say that there is not always a single category and I agree. Just choose the most obvious based on your opening post. If a thread goes off at a completely different tangent, I will change the prefix as is appropriate.

(Those who object to this change and repeatedly choose the wrong prefix as some sort of protest, will find they lose their ability to start new threads)

Got the idea from Mumsnet ???????

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Categories: Health, work
Filtering: useful to filter in/out multiple categories, e.g. I'm not interested in politics
However, I'll probably not filter and so showing prefix against each thread on list would be useful because titles often mislead, e.g. 'Murray' could mean that Scottish bloke

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looking forward to seeing how many get incorrectly flagged, or fishing attempts that are deliberately incorrectly flagged :)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Surely comedy should have its own prefix.

Oh I see you have paLLLLLLLace at the bottom...... that’s fine then.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
"Flounce", "Jamie" and "Jam Viscosity" all seem to have been neglected

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've made thread prefixes mandatory now. This means when you create a new thread, you need to select which category it is.

View attachment 90113

If you think there is anything obvious missing from this, let me know and I'll add it.

The main reason for this is to allow people to quickly filter to the conversations they are interested in, using the filter at the top of the forum page. In many cases, this will be to find Albion-related threads and remove the rest of the stuff that they aren't interested in.

View attachment 90115

I know some will say that there is not always a single category and I agree. Just choose the most obvious based on your opening post. If a thread goes off at a completely different tangent, I will change the prefix as is appropriate.

(Those who object to this change and repeatedly choose the wrong prefix as some sort of protest, will find they lose their ability to start new threads)
Love it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here