Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Thread prefix: now mandatory

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But it creates another one. As someone who usually has a multitude of tabs open it makes many tab titles look the same which is very annoying and completely user unfriendly.

Sorry. Not a fan.

You have a multitude of NSC tabs open?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Hiney Art?

Actually we need MORE Hiney Art. When was the last Hiney Art thread?

And shouldn't this thread possibly be a sticky [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ? So everybody knows what's occuring?

Last edited:

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
You have a multitude of NSC tabs open?

I usually have tabs from several other websites open alongside a few NSC pages. It isn't unusual for me to be following several threads on NSC simultaneously at times.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
What about threads that would change from one catergory at start to a completely different one by the end of the thread?

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Is it possible to get rid of all this "sent from my super-duper blah blah blah mobile doodah" crap underneath a lot of posts?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Is it possible to get rid of all this "sent from my super-duper blah blah blah mobile doodah" crap underneath a lot of posts?
Ah I hate that

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

I've made thread prefixes mandatory now. This means when you create a new thread, you need to select which category it is.

View attachment 90113

If you think there is anything obvious missing from this, let me know and I'll add it.

The main reason for this is to allow people to quickly filter to the conversations they are interested in, using the filter at the top of the forum page. In many cases, this will be to find Albion-related threads and remove the rest of the stuff that they aren't interested in.

View attachment 90115

I know some will say that there is not always a single category and I agree. Just choose the most obvious based on your opening post. If a thread goes off at a completely different tangent, I will change the prefix as is appropriate.

(Those who object to this change and repeatedly choose the wrong prefix as some sort of protest, will find they lose their ability to start new threads)

Petrolheads
Politics

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

I think it's really interesting knowing what particular machinery people are using.

I'm using an old Remington Portable Typewriter - I like the way the bell rings when you're getting to the end of the line.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Philosophy/Religion? Don't know if there's enough to warrant a separate thread, or lump it in with Politics.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Ain't no doubt about that.

But it helps solve two issues:

1. People who are only interested in the Albion discussions, and not the fun stuff on here.
2. vBulletin's in-built search function isn't great on a site this size, so it may help people locate other stuff, eg: filter by travel to find the most recent "I'm going to New York what shall I do?" thread. This will take a bit of time to be effective though.

You're not letting the tail wag the dog here are you? I can obviously only speak for myself, but firstly I like the mixture, and secondly I find it extremely easy to skip the threads I'm not interested in without resorting to using a drop-down list of random, and perhaps inaccurate, categories to filter out the crap.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

simster_meme.jpg

How about Albion History/retro as distinct from latest news if it hasn't been mentioned,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here